Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Tom Holland recalls being 'enslaved' to alcohol before sobriety journey

2023-07-12 07:47

Tom Holland is getting candid about his struggles prior to his sobriety journey.

The Spider-Man actor, who has been sober for over a year, recently looked back at the extent of his alcohol consumption, noting that it had a detrimental impact on his day-to-day life.

"I was definitely addicted to alcohol, not shying away from that at all," Tom said on the July 10 episode of On Purpose with Jay Shetty. "I think that anyone that has a beer everyday has probably got a little bit of a problem."

In his experience, the 27-year-old said he would "drink and drink and drink and drink," until he reached a breaking point.

"And then you would just reach that moment where you're like 'Wow, I shouldn't have had that last beer,'" the actor continued. "And you wake up the next day and you have a terrible headache."

His alcohol consumption, Tom said, left him wondering, "Why am I enslaved this drink? Why am I so obsessed by the idea of having this drink?"

"I would look back and recognize that I would go to events for work," he added, "and, you know, I can't enjoy myself until I've had a few beers, and I just felt so much pressure."