Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did Scheana Shay opt for Botox in her 20s? 'Vanderpump Rules' star recently won 'Best Reality On-Screen' award

2023-08-06 02:56
'In my interviews, I don't want my face moving. But back then, they were like, 'B***h, control your eyebrow,' said Scheana Shay
Why did Scheana Shay opt for Botox in her 20s? 'Vanderpump Rules' star recently won 'Best Reality On-Screen' award

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘Vanderpump Rules’ star Scheana Shay hosted Shenae Grimes-Beech this week on her ‘Scheananigans’ podcast and talked about how she got into Botox. She told her guest that "some of the reasons why I ended up getting Botox," are casting directors of The CW’s ‘90210’ spinoff series (between 2008 and 2013).

"They told me that for Disney, my facial expression was great. But for a more dramatic type of role, that I needed to learn how to control my eyebrows,” Shay said. The 39-year-old added, “They were like, ‘The role is yours. Here is your callback. We want you for this but we are bringing in a couple more girls as well because if you can’t control your facial features then we're not going to give it to you.' They were like, ‘Maybe try some Botox.'”

Why did Scheana Shay opt for Botox in her 20s?

Before making her name on the ‘Vanderpump Rules,’ a reality show, she also appeared in one of the episodes of ‘90210’ where she played the role of Cassandra. Shay, in her podcast, revealed that she went for the procedure when she was 24 or 25 to get that ‘resting bitch face.’ "In my interviews, I don't want my face moving. But back then, they were like, 'Bitch, control your eyebrow.' Because it was just like a mind of its own."

The CW series featured Grimes-Beech as Annie Wilson, including Rob Estes, Tristan Wilds, AnnaLynne McCord, and Lori Loughlin.

'Best Reality On-Screen Team'

Scheana Shay is also a mother now and shares Summer, two, with her husband Brock Davies. In December, she told People, the little girl is becoming more like her and ‘has so much personality.’ "She's like a mini-Scheana," Davies said. "She is the absolute cutest. She has an obsession with saying 'ew' right now. But it's so adorable." the reality star said.

She recently won the 'Best Reality On-Screen Team' award along with her 'Vanderpump Rules' co-stars Katie Maloney, Ariana Madix, and Lala Kent. "The team isn’t just us. We have an entire production team behind us that makes this show possible. And this is just so exciting! We won best team all because of you guys, the fans, thank you so much for voting," Shay said.

However, a few critics questioned Sheana's inclusion, "Take Scheana out, then you'll have the best team! Scheana was so s****y this year, she doesn't deserve it," one wrote online.