Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Down to the wire!' Kylie Minogue is worried her Las Vegas residency venue won't be ready in time

2023-10-05 15:24
'I Should Be So Lucky' hitmaker Kylie Minogue has admitted her Las Vegas venue "hasn't even finished its build yet", and it could go "down to the wire".
'Down to the wire!' Kylie Minogue is worried her Las Vegas residency venue won't be ready in time

Kylie Minogue has admitted her Las Vegas venue "hasn't even finished its build yet".

The 'I Should Be So Lucky' singer is set to open her Sin City residency in less than a month as she takes over The Venetian Resort, but she's getting nervous because the Voltaire venue she's set to launch hasn't actually been built yet and it could go "down to the wire".

She's quoted by the Daily Star newspaper's Wired column as saying: "I open at the start of November.

"We're just in the stages of putting it together, the venue hasn't even finished its build yet.

"I'm sure it's going to be down to the wire with plenty of drama."

The 55-year-old singer did give a bit of a hint of what fans can expect from the Voltaire venue, as she revealed inspiration has been drawn from the likes of Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley's time in Vegas.

She teased: "It's based on a mix between a 1930s club and a 1970s kind of Frank Sinatra, Elvis venue where there were booths and lamps and cocktails.

"Later in the evening there will be me but prior to that it's meant to be part of a bigger experience."

Kylie - who recently topped the US Billboard Dance Albums chart with her new record 'Tension' - will be treating fans in the United States to a show featuring her biggest hits and plenty of surprises.

Meanwhile, she's excited to be playing in such an "intimate" setting for her residency, which she has described as her "rite of passage".

She added: "I'm so excited about it. It's in a really intimate venue, it's capped at a thousand people.

"It's my rite of passage having my Vegas residency. We're creating a pretty punchy show for a small venue."