Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Draven Riffe? Oliver Anthony's co-manager feels 'God had a hand' in success of 'Rich Men North of Richmond'

2023-08-26 16:45
Oliver Anthony has become a huge sensation ever since he released his hit single 'Rich Men North of Richmond'
Who is Draven Riffe? Oliver Anthony's co-manager feels 'God had a hand' in success of 'Rich Men North of Richmond'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Oliver Anthony's co-manager, Draven Riffe, reportedly said that God had hand in the Country singer's success following the release of 'Rich Men North of Richmond'.

Speaking to Billboard, Riffe explained how he met Anthony and why the singer's team was "taking it slow" as he was flooded with offers.

What is Oliver Anthony's real name?

Anthony, whose real name is Christopher Anthony Lunsford, adopted the stage name in in memory of his grandfather.

Riffe heard Anthony's music from a Missouri friend he knew from his time as a touring musician.

Unsigned Americana and country musicians from the Virginia/West Virginia region, who have shown major potential, are often featured on the YouTube show radiowv, which Riffe co-founded in 2018.

Riffe knew Anthony's song would fit in perfectly there.

Riffe said, “I listened to Oliver’s music and I just knew he was special."

He added, “Normally, it’s ‘OK, this person has a good song and I want to help them out and get them on the channel.’"

He further said, "With Oliver, I called my friends and family on my way to record him and also on my way back to tell them how special [he was].”

Where was 'Rich Men North of Richmond' recorded?

Riffe recorded Anthony outside on his farm in Virginia. He said, “Personally, I feel like God had a hand in Oliver’s music."

He added, “Me and him, we prayed before the session. Me and him together. We both prayed before we recorded ‘Rich Men North of Richmond.'"

He futher added, "We both had an interesting experience the whole weekend. We just felt like it was for a purpose that was way bigger than us, just two old regular dudes, you know what I mean?”

Speaking about Anthony's popularity, Riife said, "In our opinion, God has chosen to speak through Oliver and to speak to all Americans through his music, all around the world.”

He added, “We’ve gotten comments from Zimbabwe, every country you could think of.”

What is the meaning of the 'Rich Men North of Richmond'?

'Rich Men North of Richmond' examines politicians, taxes, welfare, and other issues from the viewpoint of a struggling working man. The song has gone viral, receiving more than 24 million views on radiowv's YouTube page.

By August 11, the song had surpassed Jason Aldean's 'Try That in a Small Town' to become the No 1 song on the iTunes Country chart.

Tags news