Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Elise Finch's husband? Beloved CBS meteorologist and wife of photojournalist Graig Henriques dies at 51

2023-07-18 03:24
Elise Finch died at a local hospital but her cause of death is yet to be revealed
Who is Elise Finch's husband? Beloved CBS meteorologist and wife of photojournalist Graig Henriques dies at 51

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Emmy-winning meteorologist Elise Finch who worked for CBS New York affiliate WCBS-TV breathed her last at the age of 51 on Sunday, July 16. According to CBS News, Finch reportedly died at a local hospital, although her cause of death has not yet been revealed.

"Elise has been a friend and team member at WCBS for 16 years. Elise was a gifted and consummate professional who took great care with her work,” the station said in announcing her death. “She was also a wonderful ambassador in the community, including her hometown of Mount Vernon." The statement continued: "Above all, Elise was a fiercely loving and devoted mother to her daughter Grace and wife to Graig Henriques, who is a photojournalist at WCBS.”

Who is Elise Finch's husband?

Elise Finch tied the knot with Graig Henriques in August 2013. Henriques is a photojournalist at WCBS as per CBS News. The duo share a child together, a daughter named Grace Henriques. Finch was a "fiercely loving and devoted mother," the outlet reported.

Elise Finch worked at WCBS for 16 years

In 2007, Finch joined WCBS-TV as part of the station’s weekend meteorologist and later with co-anchors Mary Calvi and Chris Wragge, became part of the weekday morning news team. She joined Cindy Hsu on the 9 am newscast in September. The 51-year-old was most recently on the air at the station this past Friday.

“Her dedication to the job was truly evident every day, every major weather event Elise reported on–many in the elements,” reported Calvi, 54, in a broadcast tribute that aired Monday morning. ”Truly every day was a good day when we were with Elise, and we will miss her dearly.”

According to her station biography, Finch worked as an anchor and reporter at various affiliates for CBS, FOX and ABC before joining WCBS-TV. She was also a meteorologist for NBC's Early Today Show, MSNBC and NBC Weather Plus.

“Elise was fiercely loyal to those she loved, a straight shooter, a consummate professional, and made me laugh until I cried,” WCBS anchor Jessica Moore wrote on Twitter. “My heart is broken. Our team will never be the same. No one matched musical wits better. I’ll miss you much,” wrote WCBS-TV morning co-anchor Wragge, 53.

“I am so devastated to hear of the passing of my friend and colleague @EliseFinch. She was the best. A caring soul,” commented Otis Livingston, WCBS-TV sports director. “We were just speaking a few weeks ago about [her] beautiful daughter Grace and my new Grandson. My family’s thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends that loved her so much,” Livingston added.

Tags news