Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did Rick Hilton fire Mauricio Umansky? 'DWTS' Season 32 star claims he could barely put food on the table

2023-10-25 12:18
Mauricio Umansky used to work for his estrange wife Kyle Richards' brother Rick Hilton
Why did Rick Hilton fire Mauricio Umansky? 'DWTS' Season 32 star claims he could barely put food on the table

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'RHOBH' star Kyle Richards' brother Rick Hilton reportedly fired Mauricio Umansky from his firm, Hilton & Hyland. Mauricio was fired after he wanted to be made a 'full partner' and Rick allegedly told him, 'No, we’re not doing that,' as he wrote in his memoir, 'The Dealmaker.'

Meanwhile, Mauricio dedicated his 'Dancing With The Stars' Season 32 most memorable performance to the year 1996 when he lost his job and decided to pursue real estate. He also opened up about his lowest days when he struggled to put food on the table.

Before becoming a real estate mogul, Mauricio and Kyle were living in a two-bedroom apartment and could barely put food on the table. Maruicio's contemporary routine to Rise Up by Andra Day is a tribute to all he's accomplished since his lowest moment in 1996.

Mauricio Umansky prays for 'better scores'

Mauricio Umansky messed up during his performance last week. However, he managed to get through the next round and hoped to score more during the 'DWTS' most memorable year night.

Mauricio was "praying for better scores" and hoping to do so during an emotional performance. However, he stunned the judges and the viewers with the drastic improvement.

Carrie Ann Inaba praised Mauricio's contemporary routine as 'beautiful.' Meanwhile, Derek Hough commended Mauricio's commitment and resiliency.

Bruno Tonioli said about Mauricio's performance that it was "so true, so honest," adding, "Your best dance yet." Mauricio and Emma scored 24 out of 30, which is their best score of the season so far.

Mauricio Umansky shares throwback family photo ahead of performance

Ahead of Mauricio Umansky's 'DWTS' most memorable night performance, the real estate tycoon took to his Instagram feed to seemingly dedicate tonight's dance to his estranged wife and their children.

He posted throwback family photos and behind-the-scenes snaps along with a heartfelt caption. He wrote, "Tonight's Dance on @dancingwiththestars is about life and how it's not always perfect and when you think it's impossible to move mountains and you're at your lowest moment and you think all doors are closed you need to rise unafraid and move mountains."

Mauricio further added, "My time was 1996 when Kyle and I got married and Alexia was born, We had Farrah and Alexia. I was 26 when I was fired from my job and was broke. Kyle was my rock and together we rose up and we rose up 1000 x and we moved mountains a lot of them."

He concluded his post noting, "It’s been an incredible journey. Tonight’s dance is dedicated to Kyle and my Family."

Catch new episodes of 'DWTS' Season 32 every Tuesday at 8 pm ET on ABC and Disney+.

Tags news