Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Noel Gallagher: Liam is trying to rewrite history, Oasis final year was dreadful

2023-10-17 17:18
Noel Gallagher has claimed the year leading up to Oasis' split was the year from hell.
Noel Gallagher: Liam is trying to rewrite history, Oasis final year was dreadful

Noel Gallagher has accused his arch-nemesis sibling Liam Gallagher of trying to "rewrite" Oasis' history.

The brothers have been estranged ever since a furious bust-up between the pair at their last concert in Paris in 2009, which resulted in the demise of the legendary Britpop group.

Frontman Liam, 51, has just announced the 'Definitely Maybe' 30th anniversary tour, sans Noel, with guitarist Paul 'Bonehead' Arthurs, the only other member joining the jaunt next June, and he's repeatedly said he's keen to reunite with his brother.

However, Noel, 55, is not wholly convinced his sibling really wants a reunion and has admitted it was a "dreadful" final year for the 'Live Forever' rockers and he didn't want to waste his life being "unhappy".

Noel is quoted by the Daily Star newspaper's Wired column as saying: "The last tour was not happy. The other fella is trying to rewrite history that it was all f****** great. It wasn't.

"It was a f****** dreadful last year of Oasis.

"You get one shot at life. Why be unhappy? Whether it be in your personal or professional life, why?

"You're just wasting a precious thing."

Noel recently insisted it's up to his brother to make peace - even calling him a "coward" and insisting he'll never make the call to reunite Oasis.

Speaking on talkSPORT radio, Noel explained: "Well, I put it out there. [Liam] won’t call … I mean, he should call me, because he’s like, he’s forever going on about it. You’d have thought by now, he’d have some kind of plan.

"He doesn’t have to speak to me. He won’t speak to me, he’s a coward. So he should get some of his people, his agent, to call my people and say: ‘Look, this is what we’re thinking.’ And then we’ll have a conversation about it. Until then, he’s being a little bit disingenuous."

However, Liam later responded to Noel's comments in a post on Twitter, ranting: "He’s full of s*** he HATES Oasis fans [but] doesn’t mind them buying his records."