Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Gwyneth Paltrow recalls kissing late 'Friends' star Matthew Perry in long grass field as they spent 1993's 'magical' Summer together

2023-10-30 09:16
Gwyneth Paltrow met Matthew Perry in 1993 at the Williamstown Theater Festival
Gwyneth Paltrow recalls kissing late 'Friends' star Matthew Perry in long grass field as they spent 1993's 'magical' Summer together

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Amid the death of everyone's favorite Chandler Bing, Gwyneth Paltrow took to Instagram to recall sharing a brief romantic moment with Matthew Perry. Sharing the photo of young Perry on social media, Paltrow claimed, "I met Matthew Perry in 1993 at the Williamstown Theater Festival in Massachusetts."

The 51-year-old reflected on the time spent with her former friend and co-star. Paltrow went on to describe their short yet steamy romance.

The actress wrote, "We were both there for most of the summer doing plays. He was so funny and so sweet and so much fun to be with."

She recalled swimming together with Perry as they had beers in college. "We drove out to swim in creeks, had beers in the local college bar, kissed in a field of long grass. It was a magical summer," said Paltrow.

Back then, Perry did not gain the fame as 'Friends' was not released. Paltrow remembered, "He had shot the pilot of Friends but it had not aired yet. He was nervous, hoping his big break was just around the corner. It was."

She remembered, "We stayed friends for a while until we drifted apart, but I was always happy to see him when I did."

The actress paid tribute to dead actor Perry, saying, "I am super sad today, as so many of us are. I hope Matthew is at peace at long last. I really do."

How did Matthew Perry die?

The 54-year-old Perry was found dead by apparent drowning. He was found found unresponsive by his assistant in Pacific Palisades home.

Just a few hours ahead of the death, TMZ reported Perry going to play Pickleball. After coming back home, he sent his assistant to run some errands.

When the assistant returned, Perry was in Jacuzzi, almost dead. 911 was immediately called and the first responder treated Perry as a water rescue.

Matthew Perry's left 'heartbroken' after 'Friends' star's death

After being declared dead on Saturday by apparent drowning, Perry's family was left "heartbroken" with their "tragic" loss.

They said to People, "We are heartbroken by the tragic loss of our beloved son and brother. Matthew brought so much joy to the world, both as an actor and a friend."

They added about Perry's fans, "You all meant so much to him and we appreciate the tremendous outpouring of love."

Perry's father is John Bennett and had a stepmom, Debbie Perry. He even had a sister named Maria.

Tags news