Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Sylvester Stallone reflects on his unemployed days as he appears on daughters' 'Unwaxed' podcast

2023-11-22 10:45
The "Rocky" opened up about his tough times, which made him question if he was a good father to Sophia, 27, and Sistine, 25
Sylvester Stallone reflects on his unemployed days as he appears on daughters' 'Unwaxed' podcast

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Sylvester Stallone made an appearance on his daughters’ podcast show, ‘Unwaxed.’

The "Rocky" opened up about his tough times, which made him question if he was a good father to Sophia, 27, and Sistine, 25.

“I was embarrassed to be your father,” he remembered the early 2000s when his acting career was moving downward.

“I felt so worthless. You didn't even really know what I did for a living,” he added.

Turning point in Sylvester's acting career

However, all changed after the success of his ‘Rocky’ franchise in the 70s’ and 80s, as per People.

“When the good times go away, that’s when you find out your family is so important,” he told his daughters. “The ship sailed on me, it was pretty bad. And I realized that people you thought were your friends are not your friends.”

He added, “I thought I was definitely done. The phone wasn’t ringing.”

‘The Expendables' actor admitted last year that he once put his career ahead of his family life. "Sometimes I put the work ahead of [my family], and that is a tragic mistake which won't happen again," he told THR.

"As though I wasted a lot of time and now I realize there are only so many bullets left in the gun."

Stallone when around his daughters' boyfriends

The Family Stallone series premiered in May, showing that the 77-year-old turns into a "full-on Rambo" when he meets his daughters’ boyfriends.

Stallone's daughter Sistine said during a confessional on the show, "The first time a boy came over to meet my parents, he was going in for the first kiss and I was so nervous but I was excited, and he looked up at the balcony and he goes, 'Oh my God. What is that?'"

And it was my dad standing on the second-floor balcony backlit so you just see a silhouette," Sistine said during a confessional on the show. "He's so cinematic in the most unnecessary [ways]."

Stallone also revealed in his documentary an incident where his father physically attacked him, “I was raised by a very physical father, you know? So I was no stranger to serious pain, and I think it just became, I’m not gonna break. No matter what he did, you know? I’m just not going to break.”

The ‘Rambo’ actor and his brother, Frank Jr, provided an uncensored account of the corporal punishment they were subjected to by both their parents,

Stallone also shares daughter Scarlet, 21, with wife Jennifer Flavin.

Tags news