Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What is Tom Hanks' net worth? 'Apollo 13' star admits he'll do anything to get to outer space

2023-09-20 19:15
'I'll do all the work. I'll clean the toilet. I'll serve the food. I'll fold the clothes,' said Tom Hanks about what he'd do to score a trip to space
What is Tom Hanks' net worth? 'Apollo 13' star admits he'll do anything to get to outer space

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The Apollo 13 star Tom Hanks, whose estimated net worth is $400 million, has recently revealed in an interview that he'll do anything and everything to get to outer space, even cooking and cleaning.

The 67-year-old actor, whose son Chet Hanks recently joined the Surreal Life group, said he'll do whatever is necessary, according to The Daily Telegraph.

"I would like to be the guy in charge of serving food and making jokes to and from the moon," Hanks claimed.

"If there was room, I would be the guy that cleans up, makes jokes, tells stories and keeps everybody entertained. I'm your man. I would probably sign up right now."

Was Tom Hanks ever invited to go to space?

The 'Apollo 13' actor was actually given the opportunity to travel to space on Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin rocket, New Shepard, but he declined because of the prohibitive cost.

Tom Hanks also gave an amusing explanation when questioned about his invitation to go into space.

"Well, yeah, provided I pay," Hanks replied. "And, you know, it costs like 28 million bucks or something like that. I’m doing good, Jimmy. I’m doing good. But I ain’t paying [28 million] bucks."

"You know what? We could simulate the experience of going to space right now. It’s about a 12-minute flight. Is that about it? We could all do it in our seats right here," he joked, per Fox Business.

Is Tom Hanks really obsessed with outer space?

Tom Hanks has often spoken about his intense interest in traveling to space and these remarks show how obsessed the 67-year-old is with the subject.

"That might be a good idea. I'll do all the work. I'll clean the toilet. I'll serve the food. I'll fold the clothes. I'll stow the gear. That way the others could be free to do other stuff," Hanks said about scoring a trip to space.

Neil Armstrong of the Apollo 11 NASA mission first set foot on the Moon on July 20, 1969. At that time, Tom was just 13 years old. "I walked around the day of July 20, 1969, very cognisant that I was alive at a time when the history of humankind shifted," Hanks noted.

"We were now the generation that was alive when we landed a man on the Moon. I felt that same way about going to the Moon as people did about building the Brooklyn Bridge or the Lindbergh flight," Hanks stated.

Tags news epcelebs