Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Fans emotional as 'The View' pays beautiful tribute to late show creator Bill Geddie: 'He will be missed'

2023-07-25 14:50
‘The View’ honored the life and legacy of late producer Bill Geddie without whom the show would not have existed
Fans emotional as 'The View' pays beautiful tribute to late show creator Bill Geddie: 'He will be missed'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The world of television witnessed a big loss on July 20, 2023, when the legendary Bill Geddie died at the age of 68. ‘The View’ and its co-hosts took to social media to pay their tributes to the show's co-creator. Usually, the segments include several hot topics, politics, and guest appearances, but Monday’s segment was dedicated to Geddie.

Geddie’s impact on the co-hosts from the very beginning has been incredibly large. ‘The View’ honored the life and legacy of the producer without whom it would not have existed. On Monday’s segment of ‘The View’, the co-hosts dedicated their time to remembering the legend, leaving the fans emotional.

‘The View’s tribute to Bill Geddie

With a solemn look on her face, Whoopi Goldberg spoke about Geddie and said, “You know, we’ve been talking about Bill Geddie, and so a highlight reel has been put together by the folks who loved him the most.” Goldberg held her tears back before the video played. The video highlighted some of the best moments of Geddie working on ‘The View’ with the co-hosts, with somber emotional music playing in the background. Geddie was the reason behind ‘The View’ speaking about politics, religion, abortion, and sex. In the video, there were also glimpses of him receiving an Emmy among other accomplishments. The emotional video truly was the perfect tribute to the life and legacy of the man who co-created ‘The View’.

‘Wonderful tribute’

Fans, especially those who have followed ‘The View’ for a long time, expressed their thoughts over the tribute. One fan wrote, “As corrupt as media can be, Daytime TV can also really help people cope with the day-to-day. Thank you Bill for making the weekdays less of a hellscape.” Another fan also mentioned Barbara Walters as they wrote, “Miss you Bill and Barbara! Thank you for giving me my first start in TV! I was an intern the first week the show was in the air and I got a job on staff and the rest is history.” One fan thanked Bill for his contribution to the show as one wrote, “RIP to the man who helped make The View the juggernaut and the success that it is. Such a great mind.”

Fans continued to pay their respects to Geddie as one commented, “R.I.P Mr. Bill Geddie a great man who created a platform with amazing women who were allowed to express their opinion about important topics that we all can relate to. The show is fantastic and he will be missed. Condolences to his family and the ABC coworkers. 💐 💐”

One also appreciated ‘The View’ for the beautiful tribute as one fan wrote, “You are truly missed Bill. This is such a wonderful tribute to you. May you rest in eternal peace. 😔💕🙏.” Another said, “That was a wonderful tribute. Bill Geddie will truly be missed by all, Rest in Peace."