Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'We are so proud of you': Rob Lowe celebrates 33rd year of sobriety, says his life is 'full of love'

2023-05-11 17:48
'Hope and joy are waiting if you want it, and are willing to work for it!' said Lowe
'We are so proud of you': Rob Lowe celebrates 33rd year of sobriety, says his life is 'full of love'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Rob Lowe recently marked his 33rd year of sobriety with a heartfelt post on Instagram. The 59-year-old actor shared a selfie of himself swimming in the ocean against a beautiful sunset backdrop.

In the caption, Lowe expressed gratitude for his recovery journey and the supportive community saying, "33 years ago today I found recovery and a tribe that has sustained me on my incredible, grateful journey. 'My life is full of love, family, God, opportunity, friends, work, dogs and fun.'" He continued with advice for his followers, saying, "If you or someone you know is struggling with any form of addiction: hope and joy are waiting if you want it, and are willing to work for it!"

RELATED ARTICLES

Who is Rob Lowe's wife Sheryl Berkoff? Famous makeup artist once dated Keanu Reeves

'It was so sick': Rob Lowe reveals his son Matthew kicked him in the crotch during family prank

Rob Lowe's commitment to sobriety shines on 'The Drew Barrymore Show'

Lowe's commitment to sobriety was further highlighted during an appearance on The Drew Barrymore Show. In a touching moment, he presented his son, John Owen Lowe, with a five-year sobriety chip. The discussion centered around their shared experiences in staying sober, as both father and son, along with host Drew Barrymore, have faced their own battles with addiction. Barrymore, who has been open about her past struggles with alcohol abuse, commended the Lowe family for their unwavering support for "each other through amazing things."

'Support each other through every high and low'

The host further highlighted how has been candid in speaking about her battles with alcoholism with her daughters Olive, 10, and Frankie, eight. "I've been really honest with my kids who are younger, but they know my story, they know I can't drink, it's not for me, it doesn't work for me," Barrymore said. "They know my pitfalls and you guys are an incredible family unit that support each other through every high and low."

Rob Lowe acknowledged the strength of their family unit and the ability to share their recovery journeys. He expressed pride in his son's milestone and conveyed his love and admiration saying, "I have 33 years in recovery." Rob added, "Johnny's got five years in and in fact, Johnny's five-year birthday was on Saturday and, Johnny, I want to give you your five-year chip." He then brought out the chip and presented it to John, 28, telling his son, "I love you, I'm proud of you, buddy."

'We love you so much!'

After sharing a celebratory post on Instagram Lowe received an outpouring of responses from celebrity friends and fans, including his son John, who penned, "Proud of your recovery, opposite feeling about this selfie." Actress Gwyneth Paltrow shared, "We are so proud of you. We love you so much." One follower said, "Congratulations - ten years sober myself, trudging the road of happy destiny with you ❤️❤️" Another added, "I celebrated 30 years a week ago. It’s still the best decision I’ve ever made…I wouldn’t be here if I hadn’t gotten sober." A third comment read, "It works if you work it!" A fourth claimed, "I still have hope for my 25 year old son. Seeing these stories keep me going❤️"

Tags news