Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'There was no reason for that': 'Today' weatherman Al Roker outraged at co-host Craig Melvin's comment about his mother

2023-11-16 17:15
During ‘Today 3rd Hour’ segment, Craig Melvin shared a personal and professional news
'There was no reason for that': 'Today' weatherman Al Roker outraged at co-host Craig Melvin's comment about his mother

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘Today’ meteorologist Al Roker has recently blasted on his co-host Craig Melvin for making a disturbing comment about his mom.

During ‘Today 3rd Hour’ segment, Melvin got excited as he shared a personal and professional news, revealing that he and his mom, Betty Jo are featured in a new issue of Southern Living magazine.

This came after Melvin recently shared a new project that holds special place in his heart and admitted that it is something he’s “most passionate about.”

Last week, Melvin revealed that he’s releasing a children book called ‘I’m Proud of You’ in 2024, and said, “I have many passions in life, but what I’m most passionate about is being a father."

‘Today’ Al Roker blasts Craig Melvin

Craig Melvin took to Instagram on Wednesday to share exciting news that he and his rarely-seen mom are both featured in the latest issue of Southern Living.

The magazine includes photos of them together, and the interview delves into the details of Craig's Christmas experiences while growing up in South Carolina.

He captioned the post, “I am so honored to be featured in the holiday edition of @southernlivingmag with my amazing mother, Betty Jo Melvin. She even shared her famous macaroni and cheese recipe!”

During his usual ‘Today’ show co-hosting gig, Melvin also discussed the big news with his colleagues.

Roker kicked off the segment, telling viewers, “They are featured in the December issue of Southern Living, where Betty Jo shares the recipe for her go-to holiday dish.”

Sheinelle Jones and Dylan Dreyer all gushed over the announcement and the sweet pictures of the mother-son duo.

Melvin chimed in and said, “I always prayed that my mother lives a long and healthy life, but if she died tomorrow....“

A stunned co-host interrupted with a rhetorical "What?" as Melvin elaborated on the significance of the magazine feature for his mom during their ‘Today’ show segment.

Melvin explained that this moment meant a lifetime of happiness for his mother.

Jones, initially confused, began to grasp the story as Melvin continued expressing the importance of the feature to his mother.

Roker, however, remained visibly shocked and perplexed. His expression dropped, and he stayed silent, looking around as if trying to process the information.

Directly addressing the camera, Roker tried to convey a message to Melvin’s mom, saying, "Betty Jo, we're sorry for Craig. It's a lovely picture. It's a great article. And you’re gonna be here a long time. There was no reason for him to bring that up.”

Melvin responded, "I'm just saying, she..."

However, Roker angrily interrupted, exclaiming, "No! There's no reason! Don't put that out there!"

Undeterred, Melvin ignored Roker’s outburst and proceeded to showcase the magazine issue to his other co-stars.

Persistently, Roker refused to let the matter go, rhetorically asking, "What is wrong with you?"

The 69-year-old appeared visibly exhausted by the situation, dropping his head, lifting his glasses, and dragging his hands down his face in apparent frustration.

Craig Melvin’s exciting new project

Recently, Craig Melvin took to Instagram to share the news of his latest career move. In the caption, he expressed his thrill about his upcoming children's book, 'I'm Proud Of You', scheduled for release on May 7, 2024.

Alongside the announcement, Melvin revealed the cover of the book, featuring an illustrated scene of a father and child sitting in a park, surrounded by sports balls, in a heartwarming cuddled position.

He said, “It features beautiful illustrations by @sawyercloud01. I have many passions in life, but what I’m most passionate about is being a father."

He continued, "I’m Proud Of You is a celebration of the small things in life, and a book for anybody who has experienced the joys and wonders of parenthood and wants their children to know how amazing and inspiring they are."