Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Natalie Portman reveals why she has not returned to Star Wars universe despite being open to comeback

2023-05-21 15:24
Natalie Portman is 'open to' the suggestion of making a comeback in 'Star Wars'
Natalie Portman reveals why she has not returned to Star Wars universe despite being open to comeback

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Natalie Portman who played Padmé Amidala in ‘Star Wars’ prequel trilogy revealed during an internet interaction that she has “no information” about the return of the fan-favorite character and that “no one’s ever asked” her about Amidala’s return. However, she has also mentioned that she is open to the suggestion.

In an interview with GQ, where she was answering fans’ questions from the interview, the Disney veteran was asked, “Any chance that Padme Natalie Portman returns to Star Wars? Her character really deserves it with the way she was treated in ‘Revenge of the Sith’ and overall importance for the OT story.” To that, she replied “I have no information on this. No one's ever asked me to return but I'm open to it.”

READ MORE

'Thor: Love and Thunder': From rigorous training to clean diet, how Natalie Portman transformed to Lady Thor

'Thor Love and Thunder’: Natalie Portman’s ARMS steal the show, but fans are NOT impressed

Portman’s character met with a tragic fate in the third installment, ‘Revenge of Sith’ as Amidala died during the birth of her twins Luke and Leia. However, Disney has a penchant for reviving fan-favorite characters, as Hayden Christensen too made a comeback in ‘Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi’ as Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker.

The interview was quite interesting as the ‘Black Swan’ actress also revisited the time when Taika Waititi forgot she was once in the ‘Star Wars’. As a fan asked, “Did Taika Waititi forget Natalie Portman was in Star Wars?” To that her reply was, “He says he did.” She continued to explain, “He asked me if I wanted to be in a ‘Star Wars’ movie, and I was like, “I was,” I thought he was joking. He's such a joker that I thought it was a joke and then afterwards he said in some interview that he, like, was cringing afterwards.”

‘I would hope so’

In an interview with Narcity in 2022, when Hayden Christensen was asked "Who would win: Your Darth Vader or Natalie Portman's Thor?,” referring to Portman’s character of ‘Thor’, he replied laughingly, “I've heard about this Thor version that she's playing," he said. "I haven't had a chance to see it yet, so hard to comment. But I don't know that too many people would stand well against Darth Vader."

Christensen, who reprised his role of Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker in ‘Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi’, was also hopeful about Portman’s return to the franchise. He said that while Disney was reviving several beloved characters, he hoped they would even make reference to Portman's Padme/Queen Amidala sometime in the future. He said, "I would hope so," before adding, "The character she plays in Star Wars is a very beloved one."

'I forgot about those ones'

In an interview with Rolling Stone, Taika Waititi recalled the episode, "Natalie said to me, what do you do next? And I said “I’m trying to work on a Star Wars thing. Have you ever wanted to be in a Star Wars movie?”.” Waititi continued, “She said, “I’ve been in Star Wars movies.” I forgot about those ones."