Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How old is Hugh Jackman? Actor and estranged wife Deborra-Lee Furness celebrate 'lovely' birthday evening amid split

2023-10-14 02:22
Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness announced their split in September 2023
How old is Hugh Jackman? Actor and estranged wife Deborra-Lee Furness celebrate 'lovely' birthday evening amid split

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: The now estranged couple Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness were spotted together celebrating the actor's 55th birthday.

"Very happy time [had] by all. Think it was a good birthday," said a source.

Speaking to PageSix on Friday, October 3, a representative for the 'Wolverine' actor said "Yes, it’s true. It was a lovely evening."

Their children Ava Eliot Jackman, 18, and Oscar Maximilian Jackman, 23, and "a few close friends" joined the celebration, according to insiders.

Why did Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness split?

In September, Jackman and Deborra-Lee announced their decision to separate after 27 years of marriage.

"We have been blessed to share almost three decades together as husband and wife in a wonderful, loving marriage," read the former couple's joint statement.

"Our journey now is shifting, and we have decided to separate to pursue our individual growth," the statement added.

"Our family has been and always will be our highest priority. We undertake this next chapter with gratitude, love, and kindness," the statement continued.

"We greatly appreciate your understanding in respecting our privacy as our family navigates this transition in all of our lives," said Jackman, 54, and Furness, 67.

Hugh Jackman was 'devastated' by the breakup with Deborra-Lee Furness

After the news of the split was announced, Jackman was "devastated" by their separation, according to sources. However, they were going to "navigate [the split] together.”

"He’s spoken to Deb and they’ve seen each other. They speak pretty regularly," said an insider.

The exes "are always going to be friends and navigate this together. You just can’t be married for 27 years, share two kids and suddenly stop speaking," the source added.

How did Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness meet?

In 1995, Jackman and Deborra-Lee first met on the set of the Australian TV series 'Corelli'.

The 'Prisoners' actor had just begun his acting career after graduating from drama school. However, Deborra-Lee was already an established actress at the time.

The duo began dating and tied the knot less than a year later. Remembering his first meeting with his now estranged wife, Jackman said, "Deb, she was a big star…I get picked up, and Deb is in the front seat of the car. I’ll never forget," according to People.

"She took off her seatbelt and turned around and put out her hand and took off her sunglasses and said, 'Hi, I’m Deborra-Lee Furness, nice to meet you.' I remember thinking 'I like this girl,'" the actor recalled.

Tags news