Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

MrBeast: Why does Chris Tyson consider his 'supportive' best friend a secret keeper?

2023-05-31 16:16
Tyson has seen a string of setbacks ever since he declared that he will begin Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
MrBeast: Why does Chris Tyson consider his 'supportive' best friend a secret keeper?

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: In the past several months, Chris Tyson, who is MrBeast's childhood friend and a regular on MrBeast's channel as a co-host, has faced a lot of criticism. Tyson has seen a string of setbacks ever since he declared that he will begin Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). Despite MrBeast's own defense of his close pal, the 26-year-old seems to be getting a bad rap because of his new direction in life.

Tyson appeared to be unable to handle the backlash when internet allegations of MrBeast firing him started to circulate. Additionally, Tyson's reduced appearances on MrBeast's channel appeared to confirm the suspicions. It was later discovered that MrBeast never let Tyson leave his crew. Tyson actually decided to take a break so he could spend time with his son Tucker.

What secret did MrBeast keep for 7 years?

Tyson recently made an appearance on the BANTER podcast and discussed a number of trending subjects, including the infamous ‘Karl effect’, for which he even kissed Karl Jacobs, a fellow MrBeast crew member. When he asserted that MrBeast had known about his gender identification the entire time, he made remarks that raised a few eyebrows.

According to Tyson, Chris has always known that MrBeast aka Jimmy Donaldson has his back. He stated that Jimmy initially learned about his gender identity while attending college.

“I mean, Jimmy’s known it since we were in college together. I accidentally walked out of a bedroom, like, my bedroom and his bedroom were apart, obviously not very cis-het-male. And I told him. I told him, I was like, ‘I don’t really know what it is. I don’t know if I’m ever gonna be ready to like, deal with it',” he said.

According to Chris, MrBeast replied that the former should let him know if and when it becomes ‘a thing’. For the following seven years, Tyson would not bring up the incident again. “And he was like, ‘Oh yeah, you know, I don’t care. Just whenever it becomes a thing, just let me know.’ And then for like, seven years, or however many years, I just didn’t let him know,” Tyson stated.

‘Chris was selfish’

Tyson hasn't been the only one to suffer the fallout from his contentious HRT revelation. MrBeast has also been the target of some scathing criticism. Ben Shapiro, a well-known conservative political journalist, notoriously condemned Tyson for being a YouTube entertainer. He said Tyson had been ‘selfish’ to leave his wife and children and put HRT first. The 39-year-old American journalist said that MrBeast will suffer more harm than benefit from Tyson's continued presence on his channel.

Ben Shapiro continued by cautioning MrBeast that Chris’ most recent personal life choice may spell the end for his channel. Following his declaration, he asserted that fans might not want Tyson to participate in MrBeast's films. Shapiro believed that Tyson's presence would significantly change the ‘dynamic’ of the presentation and increase viewer disapproval of MrBeast's video.

But Shapiro's predictions seem for naught as MrBeast's YouTube channel appears to remain unaffected. His primary channel has passed the 156 million subscribers mark. It now ranks among the most subscribed channels in the history of the platform.

Tags news