Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Where is Armie Hammer now? Elizabeth Chambers finally gets her divorce from disgraced actor after 3 years

2023-06-21 15:53
Armie Hammer has maintained a low profile ever since sexual assault charges were made against the star in 2021
Where is Armie Hammer now? Elizabeth Chambers finally gets her divorce from disgraced actor after 3 years

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Armie Hammer and his estranged wife, Elizabeth Chambers, have reached a settlement after filing for divorce over three years ago. It happens just a few weeks after the Los Angeles County District Attorney declared that the 'Call Me By Your Name' actor will not be prosecuted for alleged sexual assault after an ex-girlfriend claimed he had raped her.

Hammer and Chambers, who had been married for 10 years, first announced their separation in July 2020 after upsetting reports that Hammer had abused women violently, which he has denied. According to TMZ, the couple is claimed to have come to an arrangement on their shared property as well as any child or spousal support matters.

Hammer, 36, and Chambers, 40, were married in May 2010 and have two children: Harper, 8, and Ford Douglas Amand, 6. The court revealed in a Declaration of Default obtained by PEOPLE that "the parties have entered into a written agreement regarding their property and their marriage or domestic partnership rights, including support, the original of which is being or has been submitted to the court" and that the pair is asking "the court [to] approve the agreement."

Where is Armie Hammer now?

The former actor has maintained a low profile ever since sexual assault charges were made against the star in 2021. He was spotted attending a Florida recovery center shortly after the news emerged in late May 2021. After leaving rehab, Hammer moved to the Cayman Islands with his two young children and Chambers. According to reports, his friend and actor Robert Downey Jr provided housing for the family. Also, People published a story in July 2022 a few weeks earlier revealing that the disgraced actor had been cut off from his family's fortune. "His dad won't help him anymore and he's been cut off, so he got to work." Rumor even started to spread that as he had been struggling to make ends meet, he began working as a timeshare salesman while in the Cayman Islands; though this has since been debunked. Hammer reportedly returned to the States in August 2022, when he was spotted poolside in Southern California, per Page Six.

Hammer has been frequenting California often. In March this year, he was spotted dining with a friend in Pacific Palisades and a month later he was seen hiking in the Los Angeles Palisades neighborhood. The latest appearance by the now-reclusive actor was in Italy, Page Six reported. Hammer and Alicia Vikander were seen having a meal at Roscioli Salumeria in Rome. Vikander's husband Michael Fassbender wasn't there but sources say it was just a genuine meal with other friends.

'Sexual assault cases are often difficult to prove'

According to a CNN story on May 31, 2023, Hammer will not be charged after the LAPD's completed investigation into the actor's alleged sexual assault. "Sexual assault cases are often difficult to prove, which is why we assign our most experienced prosecutors to review them. In this case, those prosecutors conducted an extremely thorough review, but determined that at this time, there is insufficient evidence to charge Mr. Hammer with a crime," Tiffiny Blacknell, Director of the Bureau of Communications, said to the outlet.

'My name is cleared'

Hammer released the following statement on Instagram after learning that he had been exonerated in the investigation: "I am very grateful to the District Attorney for conducting a thorough investigation and coming to the conclusion that I have stood by this entire time, that no crime was committed. I look forward to beginning what will be a long, difficult process of putting my life back together now that my name is cleared."