Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Kristen Welker and Craig Melvin take over 'Today' as Hoda Kotb, Savannah Guthrie remain missing from NBC show

2023-08-29 16:56
Kristen Welker was replaced to take the place of the two absent hosts, even though she would be departing the 'Today' show in September 2023
Kristen Welker and Craig Melvin take over 'Today' as Hoda Kotb, Savannah Guthrie remain missing from NBC show

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘Today’ beloved hosts Hoda Kotb and Savannah Guthrie have been reportedly replaced by fill-in hosts Kristen Welker and Craig Melvin.

While the real reason behind their absence hasn’t been revealed, Melvin made sure to update the fans about the absence of some hosts on Monday, August 28 morning.

However, Guthrie recently took to her Instagram to share adorable pics from her vacation with her family.

Welker was replaced to take the place of the two absent hosts, even though she would be departing the 'Today' show in September 2023 to take the moderator position on 'Meet The Press'.

Where are Hoda Kotb and Savannah Guthrie?

The current whereabouts of Hoda Kotb is unknown. However, Savannah Guthrie has taken a brief break from 'Today' to attend the 2023 US Open with her family.

On Monday, August 28 ‘Today' broadcast, Craig Melvin kicked off the segment stating, “And a very good morning to you. Thanks so much for joining us on this Friday morning here on Today.”

He continued, “Savannah and Hoda are off. Sheinelle is with me a little bit early. Good morning to you.”

Usually, Sheinelle Jones joins Melvin in the ‘Today 3rd Hour’ segment alongside Dylan Dreyer and Al Roker. Also, Guthrie has been missing from the NBC show from last week.

Kotb mentioned Guthrie’s absence adding, “Savannah is on vacation, Craig is here with me."

In the photos, Guthrie posed with husband, Michael Fredman, and two children, Vale and Charley. The photo featured the family all giggling inside the 2023 US Open.

She captioned the post, “Beautiful first night at US Open! Thank you team @cocogauff @tgodsick88 @santalbano14. With Charley starring as Prince Louis.”

Savannah Guthrie’s opens up about her battle with infertility

Earlier this month, Savannah Guthrie candidly addressed her struggles with infertility during an appearance on the podcast, ‘Now What?’ with host Brooke Shields.

Brooke, 58, initiated the conversation by asking Guthrie when her desire to have children first began.

Guthrie reflected, saying, "I think I always wanted to be a mom and always hoped that I would be a mom. I always kind of assumed that I would get married and have kids, and I wanted to."

She continued, “In fact, that may have been the thing I wanted more than anything else, more than any career. I wanted to just go live happily ever after and get married and have kids. I think that was my biggest goal in life."