Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jake Paul likely to ditch 10-fight world title dream after Tommy Fury rematch: 'I want KSI'

2023-09-12 18:19
Jake Paul said, 'The conclusion we are getting to is doing smaller events potentially and focusing on the fight, not the business side of it'
Jake Paul likely to ditch 10-fight world title dream after Tommy Fury rematch: 'I want KSI'

PUERTO RICO: Jake Paul recently unveiled a strategic shift that could suggest a departure from his ambitious goal of securing a world championship within a mere 10 fights.

The renowned YouTuber-turned-boxer, who caused quite a stir when he entered the boxing arena, gained widespread attention with his daring declaration of attaining a world champion title and retiring with an unblemished record after just 10 victories, approximately two years ago.

Nonetheless, Jake Paul's boxing journey took an unforeseen twist this past February when he suffered his initial career setback at the hands of Love Island star Tommy Fury, who secured a victory via split decision.

This pivotal defeat appears to have triggered a reevaluation of his ambitions and strategies within the boxing sphere. It's evident that Jake Paul is preparing for what could be a transformative phase in his boxing career.

This change in approach has ignited curiosity among both fans and experts, leaving them eagerly anticipating the next installment in the YouTuber's evolving narrative within the boxing ring.

Jake Paul shifts focus to build boxing experience

'The Problem Child' has recently enjoyed a triumphant comeback to the winners' circle, securing a convincing win over UFC icon Nate Diaz, thereby highlighting his boxing skills.

Although his victory has reignited discussions about his boxing journey, Paul has disclosed a change in his strategic approach, indicating a shift away from his previous focus on high-profile, pay-per-view matchups.

The social media sensation turned boxer has revealed that his near-term objectives involve taking on less renowned opponents, marking a departure from his prior emphasis on high-profile pay-per-view spectacles. His foremost aim at this point is to amass additional experience and further hone his skills.

Paul elaborated on his new approach, stating, "The conclusion we are getting to is doing smaller events potentially and focusing on the fight, not the business side of it. Not needing it to be some big pay-per-view draw, just focusing on the sport. That’s where my head is right now and that’s what we’re going to try to execute," Paul told TMZ.

"The Tommy Fury rematch is still there, I want KSI and right now I’m looking at professional boxers. Building my record and fighting guys with the same level of experience as me, testing myself in there like a traditional boxing route. There are some ideas and names there on the horizon, We’re at the drawing board right now so just waiting to see what happens next."

The boxing world is abuzz with anticipation as Tommy Fury gets ready to square off against none other than Jake Paul's longstanding rival, KSI, in the eagerly awaited Misfits Boxing 'Prime Card' event in Manchester.

This thrilling showdown is scheduled to headline next month, ensuring a spectacle that promises fireworks both within the ring and beyond.

Adding to the excitement, Jake Paul's sibling, Logan Paul, is also set to compete on the same night as he takes on Dillon Danis, a teammate of MMA superstar Conor McGregor.

The stacked lineup has generated a surge of anticipation within the combat sports community, with fans eagerly looking forward to these high-profile matchups.

Jake Paul is anticipated to be present at ringside on this crucial evening. In the meantime, KSI, fully aware of the significance of the bout, has suggested the potential of retiring from boxing should he emerge victorious against Tommy Fury.

Such a decision would cast uncertainty over the possibility of a rematch with Jake Paul in the future.

Jake Paul has 'something to announce' soon

Jake Paul is poised to broaden his involvement in combat sports by venturing into MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) next year. His MMA debut will be showcased on a pay-per-view platform for the Professional Fighters League (PFL), representing a significant milestone in his career.

This decision comes in the wake of Jake Paul's signing with the PFL in January, paving the way for his foray into the realm of mixed martial arts.

He added, "I’m going to stay active and try to get a deal and a fight done, hopefully we have something to announce here soon."

As fans eagerly anticipate these thrilling showdowns, both the Misfits Boxing 'Prime Card' and Jake Paul's upcoming MMA debut under the PFL's pay-per-view banner are unquestionably events to circle on the calendar.