Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What is Sheinelle Jones' big decision? 'Today' host reveals her willingness to do ‘hard things again’ as she turns 45

2023-08-13 13:53
Sheinelle Jones said, 'Everybody says we don't have time, but we do have time to make time for ourselves, I have to be about that'
What is Sheinelle Jones' big decision? 'Today' host reveals her willingness to do ‘hard things again’ as she turns 45

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: During a recent ‘Today’ episode, Sheinelle Jones reportedly made a bold revelation about her big decision of doing ‘hard things’ after 40.

On the Friday edition of ‘Today with Hoda and Jenna’, Sheinelle Jones took on the role of co-host Hoda Kotb alongside Jenna Bush Hager.

This temporary arrangement comes as Kotb is currently on a break from the NBC show to mark her 49th birthday in the company of her family. During this period of Kotb’s absence, different hosts are stepping in as fill-in hosts.

Jones went on to reveal her big decision that she’s going to run the New York City Marathon and is ready to do ‘hard things.’

What is Sheinelle Jones’s big decision?

On ‘Today with Hoda and Jenna’, Jones revealed that she has put her mindset to the test as she decided to run the New York City Marathon. She revealed how she managed to run from a one-half marathon to signing up for a full marathon.

She said, “When I turned 40, I wanted to change the narrative in my head that I can do hard things, and so I ran a half marathon, and I swore I would never do it again," she said. "It was very difficult, after it was over, my legs were like, 'What just happened?' And so now I just turned 45, and I'm going to try to do hard things again. And so, I'm going to run the New York City Marathon.”

Hager went on to explain to the audience that one of the favorite things Jones told her as she’s been getting ready to race in November pertains to observing the reactions of others.

Jones then explained how people reacted after she made her decision, “Everybody's been telling me I'm crazy. My assistant here at work, she said, 'What are you doing?' My uncle ... he said, 'What are you doing?' And everybody's biggest critique is that I don't have time.”

Being a mother of three young children and traveling for a high-pressure job, she says that she’s determined to make time for the things that are important to her.

She quipped, “Everybody says we don't have time, but we do have time to make time for ourselves. I have to be about that," she said. "And so whether it takes scheduling because I pick up my kids every day from school, I am just going to figure it out and change the narrative that we can't do things because we don't have time”.

What did Jenna Bush Hager say about Sheinelle Jones?

Jones also revealed that she's enlisted the support of some familiar faces from the ‘Today’ show to assist her in transitioning from being a mere marathon supporter on the sidelines to becoming an actual marathon runner.

In a playful exchange, Hager suggested that Jones deserves to grace the cover of Women's Health magazine, drawing a parallel to Justin Sylvester's recent feature in Men's Health.

Furthermore, Jones expressed her desire to challenge the notion that only athletes can undertake demanding physical feats.

She emphasized, "I want to prove that just the average girl, we can do it," she said. "I am 4'11". I am not a model. I'm not a runner, but we can do this!”