Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Vanessa Papa OK? Netflix's 'The Ultimatum: Queer Love' star explains why she 'stays off' social media

2023-06-06 14:50
In Episode 2 of 'The Ultimatum: Queer Love' Vanessa was dubbed 'Harry Potter's villain character Voldemort by Lexi
Is Vanessa Papa OK? Netflix's 'The Ultimatum: Queer Love' star explains why she 'stays off' social media

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Vanessa Papa garnered lots of hatred on Netflix's 'The Ultimatum: Queer Love.' She was called out for the treatment she gave to her partner Xander Boger. Moreover, the star was also slammed for ruining Lexi Goldberg and Rae Cheung's relationship.

After being labeled the "villain" of Netflix's reality drama Vanessa's life turned out to be a little difficult on social media. She started receiving death threats. Therefore, in order to avoid the negativity flooding her life, Vanessa took off from her social media. This has sparked the question of whether Vanessa is doing okay in her life or not. Is she out of the threats?

Is Vanessa Papa OK?

Vanessa might be receiving a lot of death threats online but thankfully she is doing fine. The reality star is obviously scarred mentally. She confesses in an interview with Insider about the hardship of dealing with online bullying. She said, "I think I obviously came across as the villain, which is not what I intended nor would prefer." The star then informed her fan followings, "I've had to stay off of social media because I've gotten so many literal death threats. It's really insane. I've never experienced that in my life before, so it's been a hard time. And to see that kind of perpetuated by my castmates on their social media channels, it doesn't feel right."

Vanessa will not stop posting on social media. She will instead stop looking at the comment section as much as possible. She says, "For probably the past week, I just haven't even really been on my phone, which is probably a very healthy thing to do just in general. So I've been doing okay, and just lots of support from my friends and family who, you know, reached out to me to remind me like, we know you and we love you, and that's been super important." Moreover, Vanessa wonders why fans did not like her and considered her "fake." She explained, "They just think I'm being fake, but it's nothing to do with my emotions at the time. I'm just kind of permanently smiling and I think that was perceived very poorly."

Vanessa Papa dubbed 'Voldemort' by 'The Ultimatum: Queer Love' fellow mates

In Episode 2 of 'The Ultimatum: Queer Love' Vanessa was called 'Harry Potter's villain character "Voldemort" by Lexi. Ever since then fans started calling out Vanessa by the name of Voldemort. Well, not only fans, but Vanessa's fellow cast mates also started dubbing her by the same name. Yoly Rojas took to TikTok, addressing Vanessa as Voldemort and answering "Why does Voldemort have you blocked on social media?" According to the reports, she called out Vanessa at a pride event just after the show, saying, "I mean, it was a while ago, but she is still shady." Yoly added, "That's all that TikTok was. It was just like if anyone's wondering why Voldemort has been blocked, I think it's because of that. But I'm not into everyone talking too much cr*p about it either."

'The Ultimatum: Queer Love' finale episodes will release on June 6 on Netflix.

Tags news