Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The View' host Ana Navarro promotes DC's 'Blue Beetle' amid WGA strike, asks fans to 'support diversity'

2023-08-14 09:53
Ana Navarro praised DC's action film 'Blue Beetle' and claimed Hollywood is going through a 'tough time'
'The View' host Ana Navarro promotes DC's 'Blue Beetle' amid WGA strike, asks fans to 'support diversity'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: DC’s latest film, 'Blue Beetle,' is set for release as the WGA strike continues, preventing actors from promoting the film.

Ana Navarro took to Instagram to promote ‘Blue Beetle’ as she urged her followers to watch it.

Although ‘The View’ is currently on hiatus and Navarro is busy enjoying her summer vacation in Turkey, that hasn’t stopped her from talking about DC’s ‘Blue Beetle’ and the Latino representation.

In her post, Navarro also gave a special shoutout to comedian and close friend, George Lopez, who plays the role of Rudy Reyes in ‘Blue Beetle.’

‘The View’ co-host also briefly discussed the strike and claimed, "It’s up to us to make it succeed."

Ana Navarro promotes ‘Blue Beetle’ ahead of release

‘The View’ co-host spoke about and promoted DC’s ‘Blue Beetle’ five days before the theatrical release, which is set on August 18, 2023.

Navarro shared a screenshot of an article by Variety that had early reactions to ‘Blue Beetle’ and was titled, “Blue Beetle first reactions: DC’s latest praised as ‘funny,’ ‘emotional,’ and ‘A love letter to the Latino culture.’"

In the caption, Navarro wrote, “Y’all, I need you to go see this movie. It is getting great reviews. But more importantly, damn it, we need to support Latino super-heroes. We need to support diversity in Hollywood. This movie is coming out at a tough time. Because of the actors’ strike, the stars can’t go out and promote it."

"They’re not allowed to do events, interviews, social media…nada. It’s up to us to make it succeed. It comes out Aug 18th in theaters. Oh, and have I mentioned my brother-from-another-mother, el más chingón, @georgelopez is in it?! Go watch it and tell us about it,” she added.

George Lopez on ‘The View’

Earlier this year, George Lopez also appeared on ‘The View’ to talk about his show, ‘Lopez Vs Lopez.’

Lopez and Navarro’s friendship stood out the most in that segment as they sat next to each other, although back then, it was too soon for Lopez to speak about ‘Blue Beetle.’

Navarro told Lopez on ‘The View’, “You and I are very good friends,” and in her most recent post, she called Lopez her “brother-from-another-mother.”

As Lopez promotes her close friend’s latest movie, she also promotes diversity in Hollywood.

Tags news epcelebs