Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Michael Strahan Jr? ‘GMA’ star Michael Strahan’s only son actively supports his father's entertainment company

2023-08-03 14:56
'Michael Strahan Jr, 'GMA' star's son, isn't an athlete but a marketing man, contributing to father's company SMAC Entertainment's growth
Who is Michael Strahan Jr? ‘GMA’ star Michael Strahan’s only son actively supports his father's entertainment company

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘Good Morning America' star Michael Strahan has endured a tumultuous married life with both his marriages ending in divorce. But the 51-year-old has come out of them strong with the blessing of his loved ones and with the unconditional support of his children. Strahan has four children, two from his first marriage to Wanda Hutchins and two daughters from his second marriage to Jean Muggli.

However, among his four kids, the former NFL star has only son from his first marriage named Michael Strahan Jr who is now on the path of making his name and bowing out of his father’s shadow. The 28-year-old is now coming to terms with adulthood and has taken up big responsibilities in marketing at SMAC Entertainment, co-founded by his father. Despite his current role, Michael Strahan Jr. has enjoyed an eventful life.

Who is Michael Strahan Jr?

Michael Strahan Jr is the only son of former NFL star and current ‘GMA’ host Michael Strahan. He has an elder sibling, Tanita Strahan, and two step sisters, Isabella and Sophia. Michael Jr mostly spent his life in Germany with his mother Wanda and sister, Tanita. However, he did return to Texas when he was 11 to complete his education. As per People magazine, Michael Jr got a tattoo of the country's eagle on his arm to honor the time spent in Germany. He also stated that his German is “fluent but rusty.”

After finishing high school, Michael Jr attended the University of Texas at San Antonio and later relocated to New York. He currently resides there and has been working in the area of marketing for his father’s company ‘SMAC Entertainment’ since August 2019. It seems that Michael Jr. has not decided to take the legacy of football from his father forward and decided to make a name for himself in a different arena altogether. However, he is a basketball fanatic. Michael Jr also once appeared on ‘GMA’ and later posted about it on his Instagram, captioning the post, “15 minutes of fame.”

How did Michael Strahan feel about raising kids with Wanda Hutchins?

Speaking to People magazine back in 2016, the ‘GMA’ host revealed what it was like to raise Tanita and Michael Strahan Jr with Wanda while they all were away from him. “I think a lot of times when you split, people assume that the mother is supposed to take responsibility for the kids," Michael further added, "But from day one, it was very important for me to be active, to be a part of their life. I was constantly on planes and phones. And it's very hard — of course, it's hard with them being in Germany. But one thing I learned is, you make time for what you want to make time for." Michael also praised his son in an interview with New York Family and said, “He’s funny. He just got his car about two weeks ago, and he washes it and takes care of it every day. He’s a very particular young man. He’s very smart, too. He likes to say to me, 'Dad, you’re smart, but you cannot challenge me in the fields of math and science."

Tags news