Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Carrie Underwood's mother? Singer all set to invite mom Carole on her radio show 'Carrie's Country'

2023-06-13 20:21
Carrie Underwood said, 'I get final approval on what she talks about, just in case!'
Who is Carrie Underwood's mother? Singer all set to invite mom Carole on her radio show 'Carrie's Country'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The seven times Grammy-winning singer Carrie Underwood is all set to welcome her mother Carole Underwood on her new SiriusXM channel ‘Carrie's Country’ for a special segment. She spoke about the segment to Buzz Brainard during the launch of 'Carrie's Country' on Sunday night.

However, the 'Jesus Take The Wheel' singer is resolute that she is not letting her mother spill her secrets on air. Thus the 40-year-old singer said, "I get final approval on what she talks about, just in case!" before adding, "Because she will tell some stories about me growing up that maybe I don't want out there. I get to nix it, if I need to!" as per Hello! Magazine.

Who is Carole Underwood?

The 2005 ‘American Idol’ winning singer Carrie Underwood’s mother is Carole Underwood. She is married to her husband Stephen Underwood for more than fifty years. The happy couple is the proud parents of daughters, Shanna, Stephanie, and Carrie Underwood. She played a huge role in establishing Carrie Underwood as an established singer.

The interesting part? She can sing too. In 2022, the 'Blown Away' singer asked her to join her on stage during her performance at ‘REFLECTION’ residency in Las Vegas. The mother-daughter duo seemed visibly happy and giggling when they performed in Carrie’s 2007 hit ‘All-American Girl’. She even praised her mother saying, "You held that out a long time," while giving her a hug at the end.

'The Champion' singer even shared snaps from the performance on her Instagram with the caption, "'If you wanna go, I’ll take you.' These might have been the most pivotal words anyone has ever spoken to me. I was busy talking myself out of trying out for American Idol and my mom said these words…the rest is history." She added, "Tonight, I got to sing with her on stage in front of the most incredible crowd in #LasVegas♥️ Life sure is amazing! Thanks, Mom, for everything!"

'Can Carrie sing?’

In 2021, Carole Underwood appeared in an episode of ‘Through Mom's Eyes', where she spoke in detail to TODAY’s Sheinelle Jones about her experience in bringing up her daughter to see her become the most successful 'American Idol' in the show’s history. In fact, it was because of Carole, Carrie would go to the various talent shows, as the country singer’s mother recalled, "I would call and say 'Can Carrie sing? Will you let Carrie sing on this one?'" before adding that it wasn't a move welcomed by her daughter. She continued, "And, you know, she hated it, because her friends were going to be out there, and she didn't like to sing in front of her friends. And sometimes it was like — she might be crying before she would get up there to sing. But she did. ... She always did. She just truly had a gift from God."

Reminiscing about the Grammy-winning singer’s ‘American Idol’ journey, the worried mother revealed that she "always dreaded Tuesdays and hated Wednesdays." Carole recalled, "Her song was going to go on Tuesday, and so I always had to pray that she would be able to hit that high note, and that she would carry the tune like it was supposed to be," and added, "It was just too harrowing for me. And I'm sure it was for her, too."

Revealing that they didn’t expect her to win the competition when it really happened, they did not know what to do. She recalled, "It didn't really dawn on me at that particular moment what was possibly going to happen, . . ., Up to this time, it was just a competition. She won, and then my next thought (was) 'Well, we're do we go from here?' You know? 'I don't know how to do anything about any of this.'" However, she is unfazed by Carrie’s superstardom, saying that she rather loves the fact that Carrie didn’t change, “You know? I just don't want her to change how she is, and I think she doesn't."

Tags news epcelebs