Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

‘Today’ host Al Roker says he showers ‘twice a day’ but is left baffled as he finds out it’s ‘too much’

2023-07-20 15:56
Al Roker joined his co-hosts in a segment labeled How Often Should You and all of them guessed one should shower every day
‘Today’ host Al Roker says he showers ‘twice a day’ but is left baffled as he finds out it’s ‘too much’

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Recently, ‘Today’ host Al Roker made a shocking discovery as he found out how many times people should shower in a week. The meteorologist was left baffled on the live show as he had an entirely different opinion than the fact.

In a recent ‘Today’ episode, host Al Roker had a candid reaction during a ‘Today 3rd Hour’ segment after he was told how often people should shower per week. The 68-year-old weather presenter discussed the topic on Wednesday's episode, joined by co-hosts Dylan Dreyer, Sheinelle Jones, and Shop Today's editorial director, Adrianna Brach. The hosts had a playful debate on the topic. However, the answer left Roker evidently stunned.

Why was Al Roker shocked on ‘Today’?

During the ‘Today 3rd Hour’ segment, Shop Today’s editorial director Adrianna Brach quizzed Roker, Dylan Dreyer, and Sheinelle Jones about how often dermatologists recommend people shower. “I bet they’re gonna say C, five times,” predicted Dreyer, while Jones agreed, “I’m gonna say every day, even though I know I know it’s gonna be C.” However, Roker had an entirely different mindset as he said, “I don’t care what they say, I’m going to say A, every day”. Defying their guesses, Adrianna revealed the correct answer, "B, two to three times." This surprising revelation left a shocked expression on Roker’s face. Adrianna continued, “The consensus is two to three times per week. It does depend on the person.” “I’m looking at Al’s face, like, ‘What is this?’” commented Adrianna humorously noting Roker’s reaction. “It depends on the person, your lifestyle, your skin type...” “Lifestyle?!” Roker humorously responded to the varying factors mentioned by Adrianna. He added, “Not if you come in contact with other people!”

Jones and Dreyer also expressed surprise and hesitation at the recommendation of showering "two to three times" a week. Jones humorously pointed out, “There’s seven days in a week,” implying that it seems too infrequent. Dreyer questioned if the recommendation was intended for children, asserting that “adults smell.” However, as the discussion continued, Jones acknowledged the logic behind the recommendation, understanding that it helps protect the skin's natural oils and prevents dryness. Adrianna explained, “You have this natural bacteria that live all over your skin, it’s part of your microbiome, so you don’t want to compromise that because it does help to sort of protect you.” “When you’re scrubbing and using soap and harsh detergents — I can’t stop looking at Al — it could get a little dicey,” said Adrianna. Roker then said, “I shower twice a day,” and Jones jokingly remarked, “That’s too much.”

After the initial shock and humor about showering frequency, the hosts carried on with the segment titled How Often Should You They delved into other household tasks, such as the recommended timeframe for replacing bedding (every 18-24 months), cleaning the dishwasher (each month), and tidying luggage (after each use).

‘Today’ hosts banter on cleanliness

Tuesday's segment on showering and cleaning habits is not the first time such topics have sparked playful debates among the hosts of the ‘Today’ show. In February, a heated discourse erupted when they discussed how frequently people should wash their clothes. Roker's facial expressions showed his surprise as his colleagues shared their laundry habits. The topic of showering has been a recurring theme on the show since 2017 when Roker first revealed his twice-daily showering routine during a discussion about showering in the morning or at night. During one discussion, Roker playfully teased Dreyer when she mentioned taking 20-minute showers, asking her if she was solving a crossword puzzle in there.