Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Really crazy odds': Whitney Port says she's still hopeful as surrogate suffers 2 miscarriages in a row

2023-11-15 06:22
Whitney Port thanked her husband Tim Rosenman for being a 'great partner in crime' during the difficult times
'Really crazy odds': Whitney Port says she's still hopeful as surrogate suffers 2 miscarriages in a row

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Whitney Port and her husband Tim Rosenman are still hopeful of having a second child via surrogacy after experiencing two miscarriages in a row.

The couple revealed their heartbreaking losses on Tuesday’s episode of 'With Whit', where they opened up about their “very long” fertility journey.

Whitney Port's both embryo transfers ended up miscarrying

“We ended up doing two transfers with the surrogate,” the former 'Hills' star, 38, said.

“Both transfers ended up miscarrying. The last miscarriage was just a month ago,” she said.

Rosenman, 46, added that both pregnancies were seven-and-a-half weeks along with “a 97 percent chance of a successful baby.”

“After the really crazy … odds of losing both, now we’re thinking that there might be something going on, either with the surrogate or with our embryos,” he said.

Whitney Port and Tim Rosenman share a boy named Sonny

The couple have been married since November 2015 and share a four-year-old son named Sonny.

They said they would try again with one of the embryos in the surrogate while also planning to do another egg retrieval.

Port thanked her husband for being a “great partner in crime” during the difficult times.

The fashion designer has previously suffered two multiple miscarriages between 2019 and 2021 as well as a chemical pregnancy.

She admitted to feeling “scared” and “insecure” about her fertility struggles in a candid podcast episode in November 2021.

In July, Whitney Port and Tim Rosenman were considering surrogacy to give Sonny a sibling

By July 2023, Port and Rosenman were considering surrogacy as an option to expand their family, but they were still in the early stages of the process.

“It just doesn’t happen overnight,” Port told Us Weekly, adding “I think hopefully if this new route can happen that would be the biggest blessing of all time. But, we’ll see.”

Port who suffered multiple miscarriages shared feeling "very complicated" in a podcast where she broke down, before suffering a third loss in 2021.

“I definitely feel just scared for myself and my confidence and my self-worth,” she said.

“And also for not being able to give this family what I think would be the best for it," she added.

Port claimed that her husband was “worried” about her looking “too thin.” She later clarified that her nutritionist did not think she had an eating disorder, but rather suspected depression.

Tags news