Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'My 600-Lb. Life' Stars Then and Now: Plus-sized show participants transformed their lives

2023-11-21 21:46
A life-altering journey on 'My 600-Lb. Life' made numerous participants commit to healthier lifestyles
'My 600-Lb. Life' Stars Then and Now: Plus-sized show participants transformed their lives

'My 600-Lb. Life' stars have embraced profound changes

In February 2012, TLC debuted the reality show, chronicling the weight loss endeavors of obese individuals. Bariatric surgeon Dr Younan Nowzaradan, also known as Dr Now, supervises the transformative process, which frequently includes adopting healthier eating habits and undergoing gastric bypass procedures.

Larry 'Mr. Buttermilk Biscuits' Myers Jr.

The hopeful gospel vocalist made his debut on the tenth season of 'My 600-Lb. Life', candidly sharing the challenges stemming from his 940-pound weight and confined lifestyle. Following his 2022 participation in the TLC show, Myers experienced positive developments in his journey. Regrettably, in June 2023, Myers's relative Todd Darrell disclosed the saddening news of the reality personality's death, which occurred shortly after he celebrated his 49th birthday.

Melissa D. Morris

The season one participant weighed 653 pounds and underwent gastric bypass surgery, losing 500 pounds in 2012. Motherhood presented unexpected challenges, with the participant acknowledging the difficulty of sticking to a diet amid constant access to children's food. Despite this, Morris remains dedicated to health and balancing the well-being of herself and her children.

Donald Shelton

Shelton, featured in the 2012 season, underwent a transformative journey, dropping from 675 to 295 pounds post-surgery. However, a diagnosis of Guillain-Barré syndrome led to a regain of 200 pounds. Despite challenges, he remains determined to lose weight again. Shelton, now "disabled and in a wheelchair," shares on his Instagram a zest for life, expressing a desire to "have fun and get out and do stuff."

Zsalynn Whitworth

Whitworth, exceeding 600 pounds on the 2014 Season 2 of the show, underwent a significant transformation, shedding 300 pounds post-gastric bypass surgery. In a 2015. 'Where Are They Now?' segment, she disclosed her divorce, attributing it to her partner's difficulty in accepting her positive changes. Presently residing in Texas, Whitworth focuses on raising her daughter, Hannah.

Christina Phillips

Beginning at 708 pounds, Phillips underwent surgery, resulting in an impressive weight drop to 183 pounds. Documenting her journey on the 2014 Season 2, she later opened up in a 2016 'Where Are They Now?' feature about struggling with days of not eating due to fear of weight gain. Despite these anxieties, she expressed a desire to overcome them. In February 2021, Phillips welcomed her son Ethan.

Tara Taylor

Taylor, at 606 pounds during her Season 2 appearance in 2014, decided to prioritize her health and sustain her weight loss. Formerly engaged to Eugene Perkins, she is now a single mom residing in Louisiana.

Amber Rachdi

Rachdi, starting at 660 pounds in the 2015 Season 3, successfully shed over 400 pounds. In a February 2019 Facebook announcement, they expressed a decision to refrain from television appearances unless it involves achieving something remarkable. They emphasized a desire for their life to be measured beyond just pounds lost.

Marla McCants

The Season 3 participant, Marla McCants initially at 800 pounds in 2015, shared a remarkable transformation in her December 2019 interview with Sister Circle, revealing a loss of 560 pounds within two years. Now a motivational speaker and philanthropist, she calls Tennessee her home.

Brittani Fulfer

Entering the show in 2016 at 605 pounds, the Season 4 participant, Brittani Fulfer underwent gastric bypass surgery, resulting in a 200-pound weight loss. Expressing newfound strength and vitality, she shared on Facebook in September 2018, emphasizing the importance of health over skinniness and encouraging self-love.

Octavia Nichelle

The Season 7 participant, Octavia Nichelle starting at 692 pounds in 2019, showcased her journey on Instagram in August 2021. Clarifying her approach, she stated, "I'm not doing unhealthy things to lose weight faster. I'm doing MY best. Slow and steady wins the race." Beyond her weight loss journey, she owns a small business crafting jewelry.

Tags news