Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Today' host Al Roker pays precious tribute to wife Deborah Roberts on 28th anniversary: 'Through thick and thin'

2023-09-17 12:53
'Today' host Al Roker posted photos on social media from his wedding in 1995 as he celebrated his 28th anniversary with Deborah Roberts
'Today' host Al Roker pays precious tribute to wife Deborah Roberts on 28th anniversary: 'Through thick and thin'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘Today’ beloved meteorologist Al Roker has recently shared unrecognizable throwback wedding pics as he celebrates his 28th wedding anniversary with wife and ‘Good Morning America’ star Deborah Roberts.

On Saturday, September 16, it marked Roker’s big milestone as the adorable couple celebrated their special day with a special post.

Roker took to his Instagram to gush over his love for Roberts and posted several throwback pictures from their wedding.

However, one thing that was notable in the pictures was Roker’s dramatic weight loss last year due to a health scare.

Al Roker celebrates 28th wedding anniversary

On Instagram, ‘Today’ weather reporter posted stunning pics from his wedding in 1995 at St Thomas Episcopal Church in New York City with Deborah Roberts.

He captioned the post, “28 years ago, @debrobertsabc promised to be there for better, for worse, thick and thin. Good times and Bad. But the greatest gift is the family she has given me. Happy Anniversary, sweetheart.”

In the first photo, the 69-year-old and his wife, Roberts, both wore beaming smiles as they posed in their tuxedo and wedding gown.

The second photo captured the couple in the act of cutting the cake and sharing bites with each other.

In the final wedding photo, Roker and Roberts were pictured walking out of their wedding venue as the photographer captured a shot of the joyous couple.

It's evident in the photos that Roker was noticeably heavier back then, as these pictures were taken years before his weight loss journey.

The ‘Today’ weather man shared additional photos of himself and Roberts throughout the years on his Instagram.

One photo depicted the couple from several years ago, smiling for the camera. Other pictures featured their children, Nick and Leila, as well as his daughter, Courtney, from a previous relationship.

Roker also posted various photos from recent years, including one with him and Deb alongside Barack and Michelle Obama.

Furthermore, the host shared a Christmas photo of their entire family, which included their dog, taken during the previous Christmas. In the picture, they were all dressed in matching pajamas while standing on the front porch.

Fans and followers took to the comments to extend their warm wishes for a Happy Anniversary to the couple.

How did Al Roker lose weight?

Al Roker first revealed his impressive 45-pound weight loss in June 2022. It appears that he has continued to shed more weight since then.

The morning show host, who had grappled with weight issues for a long time, disclosed on a June episode that he had shed "about 45 pounds in the last several months" by reducing his carbohydrate intake and engaging in daily walks.

Roker emphasized that his approach to exercise wasn't overly strenuous. Additionally, another factor contributing to his weight loss journey was his battle against an aggressive form of prostate cancer.

He said to his co-hosts, “Exercise, and not extreme exercise, improve, I think, your mental health. Combined with a low-carb diet, I’ve lost about 45 pounds. I do about 100 grams of carbs a day and I walk.”

Tags news epcelebs