Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

NBC 'Today' cuts to commercial after Jenna Bush Hager's awkward interview with TikTok star Bobbi Althoff

2023-08-08 14:29
During a recent 'Today' episode, Hager playfully challenged Althoff to a mock interview to give a ‘small impression’ on how she interviews people
NBC 'Today' cuts to commercial after Jenna Bush Hager's awkward interview with TikTok star Bobbi Althoff

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: In a recent episode of the 'Today', host, and author Jenna Bush Hager extended a welcome to TikTok influencer Bobbi Althoff. However, their impromptu interview took an awkward turn, prompting the show to abruptly cut to a commercial break.

On Monday, August 7 ‘Today with Hoda and Jenna’s’ Hot Pods segment, TikTok sensation and ‘The Really Good Podcast’ host Bobbi Althoff joined host Hager and guest co-host Justin Sylvester. For TikTok users, the burning question often arises- Who is Bobbi Althoff and why is she interviewing Drake in a bed? According to her YouTube bio, Althoff describes herself as a “master interviewer with weeks of experience interviewing celebrities”. On the ‘Today’ episode, the 25-year-old has a lot more to talk about herself, including making things awkward for the first former daughter.

Jenna Bush Hager’s awkward moment

During a recent 'Today' episode, Hager playfully challenged Althoff to a mock interview on 'The Really Good Podcast’ to give a ‘small impression’ on how she interviews people. The TikTok star displayed impressive interview skills, amusingly quizzing Hager. She asked, “So, who are you?” Althoff's unyielding demeanor made Hager burst into laughter, prompting her to try to break character, as she replied, “My name’s Jenna. I get why this is off-putting”. Hager's attempts to elicit laughter were met with Althoff's resolute seriousness, even denying breaking character. However, Althoff remained stern as she continued asking, “How’d you get here?” to which Hager replied, “I was a teacher. I taught in intercity D.C. in West Baltimore and I wrote a book and I was on the ‘Today’ for it”. Althoff mockingly asked, “That’s amazing. Do you like your job?” Hager said, “I like it a lot”. She continued with a laugh, “It’s so weird that you’re not smiling because you were so friendly one second ago”. She instantly exclaimed seeing Athoff’s seriousness, “No, you’re not friendly”. The playful exchange continued as Hager turned the tables, questioning whether people find Althoff intimidating, “Do people get scared by this person a little bit talking to you?” She again asked her, “Are you friendly?” Althoff replied, “Yeah, I am. What do you mean? I’m just trying to get to know you”. Although it was really hard to break Althoff from her character, Hager kept on trying as she asked, “Do you ever break character and start to laugh?” “No”, said the TikTok sensation.

Althoff's final question, seemingly curt, astonished Hager with her commitment as she asked, “So, that’s it for you?” Hager responded, "Well, this isn’t it for me. Hope I’ll have a couple more years of happiness”. Althoff ended the interview by adding, "I hope that for you too”. Laughter ensued as Hager and Sylvester urged for a commercial break, appreciating Althoff's unconventional style. Hager concluded the segment by adding, "I like sweaty Bobbi. I like the other person too but I like Bobbi." The segment ended as Hager thanked Althoff for her lively presence on the 'Today' show.

How did Bobbi Althoff get to interview Drake?

Althoff's deadpan humor has garnered a dedicated TikTok fanbase, including several celebrities. She launched ‘The Really Good Podcast’ in 2023, featuring interviews with notable figures like comedian Rick Glassman, YouTuber Funny Marco, rapper Armani White, and notably, singer-rapper Drake. Her side-splittingly awkward interview with Drake went viral on TikTok, amassing over 22 million views in one clip. The tale behind their encounter is equally amusing. "He noticed my video with Funny Marco and liked it. Then he followed me”, Althoff shared on the ‘Today’ episode. "Seeing his follow, I thought, why not ask?” she revealed. “So, you simply DM'ed him and proposed, 'Wanna join my podcast?'" Hager inquired. "Yeah, that's exactly what I did”, Althoff affirmed.