Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'She's just like me': Internet relates to Linda Evangelista as supermodel reveals why she's 'not interested' in dating again

2023-11-27 18:48
Linda Evangelista also opened up about her struggle to maintain weight and about the evolution of her career
'She's just like me': Internet relates to Linda Evangelista as supermodel reveals why she's 'not interested' in dating again

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: In a recent interview, 58-year-old supermodel Linda Evangelista disclosed that she is "not interested" in dating again.

The fashion icon, known for her groundbreaking career, openness about past struggles, and candid statements, shared her perspective on relationships, resonating with many on the internet.

Who is Linda Evangelista?

Evangelista is one of the most influential and accomplished Canadian fashion models. However, she briefly put her successful career, which began when she was just 19, on hold after she underwent CoolSculpting in 2016.

She claimed the procedure left her "permanently deformed" and filed for damages against the company. She posed for her first photoshoot after that in February 2022 with People.

Now, in a conversation with The Sunday Times, she opened up about her lack of interest in relationships. She explained that her disinterest in dating stems from not wanting to be romantically involved anymore. She quipped, "I don't want to hear somebody breathing," hinting at the challenges of her last relationship, which ended before the cosmetic procedure.

Reflecting on her successful career that began at 19, Evangelista highlighted her move to New York City and later to Paris. She explained her struggle to maintain weight due to her fast metabolism and how her approach to diet evolved as she aged.

"I had to work on keeping the weight on. And then there became a period where I had to really watch and I started doing cleansers all the time, and I loved doing these cleansers, but I think they were very harmful to me," she said, as per The Sunday Times.

Linda Evangelista sheds light on her marriage to Gerald Marie

The supermodel delved into her past, discussing her marriage to Gerald Marie, which lasted from 1987 to 1993. She described being "clueless" during the relationship and later accused Marie of physical abuse in the Apple TV+ miniseries, 'The Super Models'.

The former businessman has since been accused of sexual misconduct by several individuals. "I was clueless. Absolutely clueless…there had to be something endearing to fall for," she said. Evangelista also opened up about her engagement to Kyle MacLachlan, her relationship with Fabien Barthez, and a tragic miscarriage during a planned family with Barthez in 1999.

The interview touched on Evangelista's child Augustin, born in 2006, and her legal battle for child support against ex-partner Francois-Henri Pinault.

Linda Evangelista's candid statements ignite relatable reactions

As bits of her interview made their way to X, people flooded the comment section gushing over her reliability with reference to the part where she opened up about not wanting another relationship.

One person commented, "Linda Evangelista is so real for this." Another added, "Couldn’t have said it better. Lol."

A third person said, "She's just like me." "Contender for Quote of the Year," said another person after reading what she said.

"Cat purring >>>>> human breathing," added one more person, giving their view. "Or chewing, or snoring, sneezing uncontrollably," stated a user, expanding on Linda's remark that she did not want to "hear somebody breathing."

Tags news