Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Paige Spiranac shows concern over Xander Schauffele's behavior amid No-Pay Turmoil

2023-10-07 19:25
Spiranac felt Xander Schauffele was 'acting out of character'
Paige Spiranac shows concern over Xander Schauffele's behavior amid No-Pay Turmoil

WHEAT RIDGE, COLORADO: Former golfer-turned-influencer, Paige Spiranac, recently showed concern for Xander Schauffele's behaviour. Incidently, Spiranac and Schauffele attended the same college – San Diego State University. Therefore, the influencer believes she knows him a bit better than other golfers on the circuit.

With an impressive fan-following, Spiranac has managed to establish her name in the social media realm. Besides her captivating social media presence, she is known for her game analysis and golfing skills too.

What did Paige Spiranac say?

Paige Spiranac and Xander Schauffele have previously made headlines due to their shared college background. Schauffele has been mentioned by Spiranac a few times in earlier episodes of her podcast.

Spiranac has once more voiced her sincere worry about Schauffele's protests about remuneration for the Ryder Cup.

In the recent episode of the podcast 'Playing A Round With Paige', Paige Spiranac discussed this year’s gameplay at the 2023 Ryder Cup and the controversy over players' remuneration to play at the event.

Spiranac also spoke on Team USA's unwillingness to let Netflix enter their locker room, noting that this was because certain players were paid more than others and that it would have been embarrassing.

Furthermore, talking about the money-related issue, the golf mommy brought in Xander Schauffele and said, “It’s surprising coming from Xander because he did play in the Olympics when a lot of golfers didn’t want to play in the Olympics. And he won.”

For context, Spiranac and Schauffele were classmates at San Diego State University (SDSU). Due to this, Spiranac appears to know him at a personal level.

She continued, "you would think that he would carry that pride into everything that he does when it comes to representing his country… And so it is really hard to speculate and it seems like it’s all about money. But…there has to be more that goes into it that they would act this way.”

She concluded by adding, “Because I went to school with Xander. Like I know Xander. It seems out of character for him to do something like that."

Xander Schauffele at Ryder Cup 2023

Xander Schauffele and Patrick Cantlay attracted headlines during the 2023 Ryder Cup by opposing the competition's no-pay rule. Cantlay even refused to wear a hat while competing to protest the Ryder Cup's no-fee policy.

Jon Rahm, a Spanish golfer, indicated that he would pay to play in the Ryder Cup if necessary while the American golfers were fighting over remuneration.

Speaking about the tournament, the former World No.1 said, "This week is a lot of fun, so yeah, I think as long as it's manageable for everybody on the team, as long as everybody on the team can, it's OK everybody, yeah (I would pay to play). It means a lot to us, and I think it would be something that I would be willing to do."

Tags news