Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Pokimane reveals how people pronounce her name wrong while answering ‘Web's Most Searched’ questions

2023-09-23 15:56
Pokimane said, 'So I’m never mad at people when they pronounce it that way, like, call me whatever you want, as long as it’s nice'
Pokimane reveals how people pronounce her name wrong while answering ‘Web's Most Searched’ questions

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Pro streamer Imane Anys aka Pokimane has recently revealed that, for all these years, everyone has been pronouncing her name incorrectly. However, she has expressed that she doesn't mind the mispronunciations.

The renowned Twitch Queen has encountered the potent blend of both the seemingly positive and negative aspects that accompany stardom in the realm of online content creators.

She got candid while answering 'The Web’s Most Searched Questions’ in a recent interview.

Pokimane reveals the pronunciation of her name

During a recent interview, Pokimane disclosed that the majority of people have been mispronouncing her name since the very beginning.

"The reason this is my name is because obviously of gaming, I play a lot of Pokemon. And my name is ‘Imane’, so it’s supposed to be a play on words,” she said in the video.

She added, “That’s why it’s actually supposed Pokimane (poʊkimɑn), but I understand in English this just reads as Pokimane (poʊkɪmeɪn)."

Adding, “So I’m never mad at people when they pronounce it that way, like, call me whatever you want. As long as it’s nice.”

Additionally, about her last name, Anys, she said, "It's not anus, okay? I have had too many people in my life be like, is that? She added, "No, my last name is not butthole. Please stop it."

In addition to sharing insights about her name, Pokimane addressed various other questions in the video. She discussed the highlights of her career and also revealed that she seldom plays League of Legends these days.

Pokimane on Streaming career and playing League of Legends

On being asked about, the start of her career in streaming, and how she became famous, Pokimane said, "I was 17, since I started streaming. It's been like nine years."

She added, "I started doing it as a hobby in high school and then it became my full-time job and then I started making content on all platforms and that's how people know me, I guess."

In yet another revelation, Pokimane revealed an update on playing League of Legends. She said, "I don't play it unless I'm feeling severely depressed. And I haven't played in a while, so that's a good sign."

She added, "If you get it, you get it. And for everyone else in this room, don't worry. It's not that deep. League is just one of those games. It's very intense."

"But I had my phase. I will always love it as the game that got me into streaming. Don't forget your roots. But I just don't play it that much nowadays," she concluded.