Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'They sacked my behind': Joy Behar makes sly joke about being 'canned' and missing 2 years of 'The View'

2023-09-06 10:20
After a month-long hiatus, ‘The View’ hosts are back on the panel as Joy Behar kickstarted the much-anticipated Season 27
'They sacked my behind': Joy Behar makes sly joke about being 'canned' and missing 2 years of 'The View'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘The View’ Season 27 has officially begun and there are a few changes that the viewers will have to get used to, in addition to this, Joy Behar has also taken a couple of jabs at the daytime talk show.

Instead of Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar took over the moderator’s seat as Sunny Hostin, Sara Haines, Ana Navarro, and Alyssa Farah Griffin accompanied her.

As the premiere began, Behar highlighted the fact that she had previously been "sacked" from 'The View'.

Behar was away from 'The View' from 2013 to 2015 after she was fired. Behar told People magazine that, "Somebody wanted me gone," however, she never got a straight answer.

Joy Behar opens ‘The View’ Season 27 with humor

After a month-long hiatus, ‘The View’ co-hosts are back on the panel as Joy Behar announced the season, “This is the premiere show of our 27th year on the air, we’ve been here for 27 years."

Behar continued, "I was here for all of it, except for two when they canned me. They sacked my behind.” She also described being on ‘The View’ as “it’s Groundhog Day for me every day.”

This wasn’t the only place Behar mentioned getting sacked, as she tweeted right before the premiere.

Behar wrote, “I’m sitting down at the Hot Topics table for my 25th season premiere. It could have been 27, but you remember those two years that I was fired. Check out the new view!”

Joy Behar reminisces old photoshoots on 'The View'

Despite Joy Behar's humorous jabs at 'The View,' she is the senior-most host on the panel and has been around since the inception of the talk show.

To honor that, 'The View' also shared a video of Behar going through some of her old photoshoots from the daytime talk show, including those with Barbara Walters.

On X, 'The View' shared Behar's video and wrote, "In honor of #TheView kicking off season 27, our @JoyVBehar looks back at some of her past photoshoots!"