Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Will Britney Spears reconcile with Jamie Spears? Singer 'wants to repair relationship' with estranged father amid Sam Asghari split

2023-08-24 04:29
Jamie Spears is reportedly over the moon at the possibility of rebuilding bond with Britney Spears and harbors no ill will after their legal battle
Will Britney Spears reconcile with Jamie Spears? Singer 'wants to repair relationship' with estranged father amid Sam Asghari split

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Britney Spears has decided to give her estranged father Jamie Spears another chance to be in her life and has allowed to rectify his past mistakes amid her divorce drama with Sam Asghari, Daily Mail reports.

The 'Princess of Pop' has decided to reconcile with her father after a gap of nearly two years after she declared that her family "should all be in jail" for how they treated her during her conservatorship.

According to the insiders, the 41-year-old's father has been suffering complications following a knee replacement 16 years ago.

Also, his recent hospitalizations and more than 25-pound weight loss have played a significant role in changing the 'Criminal' singer's heart.

Spears has remained in contact with her brother Bryan, who recently spent time at her home. Jamie is reportedly over the moon at the possibility of rebuilding his bond with his daughter and harbors no ill will after their legal battle.

Who is Jamie Spears?

Jamie Spears is a retired construction business owner and is the father of Britney, Jamie Lynn, and Bryan Spears.

As per the outlet, Britney is still in the midst of a legal battle with her father whom she's suing for conservator abuse.

The rift between Britney Spears and her father

Jamie Spears, 70, defended his actions during his daughter’s long conservatorship and even noted at one point that she might have been dead without that intervention.

He said that his conservatorship actions were done only to save his daughter during her most troubled times.

Jamie further went on to claim that not only did he prevent her from getting ruined but that he kept her relationships with sons Preston and Jayden intact.

He said of those times that he wasn’t “going to paint no pretty pictures" but said the actions were necessary.

“Not everybody’s going to agree with me,” Jamie Spears said. “It’s been one hell of a time. But I love my daughter with all my heart and soul. Where would Britney be right now without that conservatorship? And I don’t know if she’d be alive. I don’t."

He added, "For protecting her, and also protecting the kids, conservatorship was a great tool. Without it, I don’t think she would have got the kids back.”

Jamie also claimed that the court arrangements helped Britney rebuild her finances. He said his daughter “was broke.

"She had no money whatsoever. The conservatorship set a resource where she could get back financially. And, you know, we worked – and she worked – and she got herself straight up financially," he said.

Jamie Spears was removed as conservator

The conservatorship period witnessed the singer releasing four albums, doing three world tours, and staging a two-year residency in Las Vegas which helped rebuild her fortune.

“The conservatorship allowed the finances to be better,” Jamie said. “My understanding of a conservatorship is to help someone regain their life and return back to society, and to be able to live normally. I want to say that I made a difference. There were a few people behind me that really helped bring it to a point where we could help her.”

When Britney Spears canceled a second planned Vegas residency, she claimed she was on a “work hiatus,” and entered a psychiatric facility.

Her father was blamed of making that move against his daughter’s consent. The #FreeBritney campaign was built against the restrictions imposed on the singer.

It further culminated in the 2021 documentary 'Framing Britney Spears' in which allegations were made that her phones were tapped.

Spears claimed she was afraid of her father at a subsequent hearing and was forced to go on tour and into rehab and take psychiatric drugs.

She was also not allowed to remove her IUD. Jamie Spears was removed as conservator in November 2021.

“All I can say is that most people don’t have a clue what the truth is,” Jamie concluded.

“Her lawyer doesn’t have a clue what the truth is. The media has not heard the truth. They’ve heard the allegations from Britney. I don’t mind taking that beating because I know it’s not true, and because I don’t want to start something else. For my daughter to end up going further down the hole than she had been,” he continued.