Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jimmy Buffett's sister Laurie recalls being diagnosed with cancer around same time as legendary musician

2023-09-05 19:23
Jimmy Buffett's sister, Lauire, recalled how he travelled to Montana with his dogs to be with her when she was diagnosed with cancer
Jimmy Buffett's sister Laurie recalls being diagnosed with cancer around same time as legendary musician

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Jimmy Buffett's younger sister, Laurie Buffett McGuane, reportedly revealed that she had been diagnosed with cancer around the same time as the music icon.

The legendary 'Margaritaville' singer recently died at the age of 76.

Laurie, 74, discovered she had pancreatic cancer during the Covid-19 pandemic. She underwent surgery and treatment, and is now cancer-free.

Jimmy Buffett and his sister Laurie grow closer after cancer diagnosis

Buffett was battling a rare form of skin cancer called Merkel cell carcinoma when he died.

Laurie told the PEOPLE, "Jimmy and I were diagnosed with cancer about the same time. It was four years ago and Jimmy was actually diagnosed first."

She added, "When Jimmy found out [I had cancer] he brought the whole family and the dogs to Montana to be with me."

"Jimmy and I became closer because of our cancers. We talked before and after our scans. We shared a club that nobody wants to join," she further said.

"Jimmy always had a dream that he pursued until the end. He did a lot of things in between, but hit Key West when he was pretty unknown, and never gave up, up until crowds began coming to listen to him perform," she stated.

Laurie Buffett McGuane pays heartfelt tribute to Jimmy Buffett

In a tribute to the musician, Laurie shared a series of photos on Instagram, including one where she was seen embracing Buffett.

Another photo showed her hands resting on her brother's during his period of treatment.

In the caption, Laurie reflected on their childhood and the unique bond they shared.

She wrote, "Lulu and I were just with Bubba. We talked about our childhood where only siblings can relate."

She added, "I told him I’ve know him longer than anyone on the planet. He smiled with those twinkling blue eyes and squeezed my hand.."

Buffett's died on September 1. A statement released on the day read, "Jimmy passed away peacefully on the night of September 1 surrounded by his family, friends, music and dogs."

"He lived his life like a song till the very last breath and will be missed beyond measure by so many," it added.

Jimmy is survived by his wife, Jane Slagsvol, and children Savannah, Sarah and Cameron.

Stars pay tribute to Jimmy Buffett

Following Buffett's death, numerous stars paid tribute to the beloved musician. Kenny Chesney wrote, "So goodbye Jimmy. Thanks for your friendship and the songs I will carry in my heart forever. Sail On Sailor."

Sir Elton John wrote, "Jimmy Buffett was a unique and treasured entertainer. His fans adored him and he never let them down."

He added, "This is the saddest of news. A lovely man gone way too soon. Condolences to Jane and the family from David and me."

Aaron Neville wrote, "Sorry to hear about the great Jimmy Buffet, leaving so young. I know he will be welcomed in the heavenly band."

Apple CEO Tim Cook wrote, "Jimmy Buffet was a great entertainer who helped us hear the music of life. He'll be sorely missed, and I hope he's found that lost shaker of salt."

Buffett had been receiving hospice care for a week before his death. It was reported that Sir Paul McCartney visited him at his home at that time to sing to him.

Tags news epcelebs