Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Was Angela Tian fired? Late child rapper Lil Tay's mom claims she resigned from real estate job for 'daughter's future'

2023-08-10 16:16
Lil Tay's mom Angie and dad Chris were given joint custody in October 2018, but Chris was given complete authority over the child's legal matters
Was Angela Tian fired? Late child rapper Lil Tay's mom claims she resigned from real estate job for 'daughter's future'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: After news broke that Lil Tay, the foul-mouthed child rapper with 1.7 million Instagram fans, had died, rumors about her family started circulating online. One such rumor claimed Lil Tay's mom was fired from her position at a Vancouver real estate firm.

However, in reality, Angela Tian was not let go by Pacific Place Group. Jim Lew, director of business development for Pacific Place Group, was contacted by Daily Hive and initially claimed that Tian had been "dismissed" from the organization.

Lew revised his initial statement in a subsequent email, claiming that Tian "resigned" before his colleague David Yang, managing partner of Pacific Evergreen Realty, "had a chance to let her go." Tian was one of Yang's recruits, as reported by Daily Hive.

'We had to dismiss her'

Rumors had also claimed that Lil Tay's mother Angela Tian, who was a Vancouver real estate agent, had lost her job due to recent headlines about Lil Tay. Tian had been spotted filming her daughter for one of her videos. Jim Lew earlier said, "When we found out about this activity last week we had to dismiss her," noting the behaviour in Lil Tay's videos has "no place" in the real estate industry.

'I didn't get fired. I resigned'

Angela Tian told Juju Chang during her interview with 'Good Morning America', "I didn't get fired. I resigned for my daughter's career and her bright future." She added, "I don't want to deal with all these questions anymore. Can you please help out my daughter's career more?"

She further added, "All the haters, they want to get attention from her because right now, she's famous, and she has a passion. Every parent needs to worry about their own child. I'll worry about my child. She's a star now, and wherever she is, I will be beside her."

'I disagreed with most of the social media activity'

Angela aka Angie and Lil Tay's dad, Christopher J. Hope aka Chris, were given joint custody in October 2018. But Chris was given complete authority over the child's legal matters. Chris told Hollywood Life, "When my daughter’s social media began to go viral this year, I disagreed with most of the social media activity." He added, "I took legal steps to stop things which I felt were dangerous to her physical and mental health and to her future. I do not think a 10-year-old girl should be put in those situations and made to drop out of school so that she can make money for other people."

Tay and elder brother died on on Aug 9

He added, "Everyone else involved in this situation is motivated by money and the possibility of making money off of my daughter. I am not fighting about money; I am fighting for my daughter, for her happiness, and her future. According to a report, Tay died on August 9. The announcement also confirmed Tay's older brother Jason's death.

Tags news