Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Treat Williams' neighbors remember Mr Hollywood after his sudden death: 'Just another townie around here'

2023-06-16 00:56
'My friend Treat Williams was aptly named and occupied his chair so well,' said his friend Tom Selleck
Treat Williams' neighbors remember Mr Hollywood after his sudden death: 'Just another townie around here'

MANCHESTER, VERMONT: Treat WIlliams may be known to the world as Mr Hollywood, but for his hometown, he was just another down-to-earth family guy! Talking about ‘The Congressman’ actor, his fellow Vermonter Matt Rapphahn shares what he was like for his people. “He was just another townie around here. He wasn’t Mr Hollywood. When we had done his motorcycle ... he would stop into the garage here, and we were actively making plans to do some work on some of his vintage cars.”

The 71-year-old had a real fascination for those beauties, and his collection also included a 1950s Chevy Apache and a 1970s Oldsmobile. “We would just run into him in town and shoot the shit with him, talk about movies and music and cars and motorcycles and trucks,” Matt added. “Just every time we would talk, he was just always funny and just good-natured and asked you how you're doing with genuine interest in the people that he was talking to," as per People.

'I will miss him but I will not forget him'

Fans were shocked to learn of the death of their beloved star who ruled the industry for decades. Williams was hit by a car as he was riding Route 30 on one of his favorite 1986 Honda VT700c motorcycles. It is reported that the star went flying around 15 feet, during the fatal crash. Williams was airlifted by emergency services to a hospital in Albany, New York. Among several celebrities who paid their respect to Williams, Tom Selleck, 78, wrote, “My friend treat was aptly named and occupied his chair so well. I will miss him but I will not forget him. Well done, my friend.”

'Treat Williams family's emotional tribute'

The ‘Safe Harbor’ star is survived by his wife actress Pam Van Sant and their two children Gill and Ellie. The family, too, released a statement on his unexpected death, "It is with great sadness that we report that our beloved Treat Williams has passed away tonight in Dorset, Vermont, after a fatal motorcycle accident. As you can imagine, we are shocked and greatly bereaved at this time."

It further said, "Treat was full of love for his family, for his life, and for his craft, and was truly at the top of his game in all of it. It is all so shocking right now, but please know that Treat was dearly and deeply loved and respected by his family and everyone who knew him."

Tags news