Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did 'GMA' cancel Jungkook's live performance? Fans furious over morning show's last-minute change, say 'breaks my heart'

2023-07-15 14:25
K-Pop star Jungkook of 'BTS' recorded three songs for the morning talk show after his live performance was canceled
Why did 'GMA' cancel Jungkook's live performance? Fans furious over morning show's last-minute change, say 'breaks my heart'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘Good Morning America’ is receiving a lot of flak from fans of K-Pop star Jungkook lately. The ABC morning show had invited Jungkook to kick off their Summer Concert Series with a live performance and advertised it well in advance for the fans of the sensational pop icon to gather and enjoy. However, a last-minute change by ‘GMA’ ended all their hopes of watching Jungkook perform live.

'GMA' was forced to air a pre-recorded version of a performance from Jungkook of BTS that angered the fans who had waited in line to get a glimpse of their star. The event was originally planned as a live performance but ended up becoming a pre-taped show when the producers took a margin call, keeping in mind the deteriorating weather conditions.

Why was Jungkook’s live performance canceled?

Jungkook’s live performance was canceled due to storms with thunder and lightning. The K-Pop star managed to record three songs for the morning show which were then witnessed by a barrage of fans who had come to see their beloved pop star from different corners of the country. A part of the global pop group, BTS, Jungkook’s popularity transcends boundaries as the group has fans in every corner of the world.

BTS Army members waited in line for hours and were extremely eager to see Jungkook in person. However, the fans were able to see the three songs that were pre-taped since ‘GMA’ had to make the difficult decision to shoot them before for security concerns. The ‘GMA’ hosts later explained they had to evacuate for safety after warnings of thunder and lightning were reported by the meteorology department before Friday morning's episode. ‘GMA’ host Juju Chang revealed that the morning show producers managed to tape the performance and not entirely disappoint the fans who had been waiting for the man of the hour. She said, “Those fans who camped out all week, they were not disappointed. We pre-taped three songs with Jungkook from BTS. He's kicking off our 'GMA' Summer Concert Series, and he'll be here in a moment in the studio to talk to us.” She continued, "But first, here's his hit ‘Euphoria'"

'I feel so bad he was so happy on stage'

Fans took to social media to express their disappointment about the cancelation. A few of them were truly inconsolable. One fan wrote on behalf of his idol, “‘I feel so bad he was so happy on stage.” Yet another said, “This breaks my heart, he was so happy and excited to perform. But his safety is more important.”

A third gave an update and said, “They're evacuating Central Park due thunderstorm. That's why they record some performances to show on tv, they were asking people during "soundcheck" to act like it was live. I was outside and got so lucky to listen to him perform Euphoria, Seven and Dynamite” while another mentioned, “we had to leave because of thunder and lightning..jungkook sang euphoria, seven, and dynamite tho.”

Furthermore, a user was able to capture a video which saw Jungkook leaving in his car and apologizing to fans for the cancelation. “#Jungkook said "SORRY" to ARMYs.” Jungkook was ranked as the third most-loved celebrity of 2019 in South Korea and cites Justin Bieber, Justin Timberlake, and Usher among his musical inspirations.