Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Mama June buries feud with daughter Anna 'Chickadee' Cardwell to join her fight against cancer

2023-05-14 00:47
Chikadee's stage four cancer diagnosis brings an end to their bitter feud, uniting the family in support
Mama June buries feud with daughter Anna 'Chickadee' Cardwell to join her fight against cancer

ATLANTA, GEORGIA: Following Anna 'Chickadee' Cardwell's cancer diagnosis, Mama June has declared that their "bitter feud" is finally over. The reality star's 28-year-old daughter disclosed that she has been battling stage 4 cancer since January after receiving an adverse diagnosis for her liver, kidneys, and lungs.

Anna posted a photo on Instagram of making a goofy face with her boyfriend Eldridge Toney at Cracker Barrel in Atlanta, Georgia, while wearing a blue head scarf. She added in the caption: "Well going on to round 3 of chemo. this yesterday it was pretty good day but did get a little and Cracker Barrel was good going down but not up but overall it’s going good and chemo is working we come to find so things are looking good”.

RELATED ARTICLES

'That's awful': Mama June's daughter Anna Cardwell under fire for defending 10-year-old daughter's 'racist' comment

'Mama June: Family Crisis' Season 6: Here's where Anna 'Chickadee' Cardwell is living now

Anna Cardwell, who has two daughters with her ex-husband Michael Cardwell, had a series of tests after complaining of various illnesses, including stomach problems. In February, she had her first round of chemotherapy. After six years of the siblings' estrangement from their mother, Mama June, the heartbreaking news of Anna's illness has brought their "fractured" family together.

‘There's no other family that comes up there’

Mama June previously revealed that she had been seeing Anna while she was receiving treatment in a conversation with the Daily Mail. "Honestly, the people that have been there for her since she's been diagnosed are me and Justin, Eldridge and the girls," the 43-year-old said. "There's no other family that comes up there and sits with her during her treatments.

"There is nobody that comes and checks to make sure that she's good, to make sure that she got everything. It's literally me, Justin, Pumpkin (Lauren Efird), Honey Boo Boo (Alana Thompson), Jessica. That's it." She also explained that the family had been "working through arguments and undergoing counseling" to repair her relationship with her daughters.

‘I was an addict myself’

"You never really know what someone is going through at home," Alana Thompson, aka Honey Boo Boo, stated in an Instagram stroy regarding her sister's cancer struggle.

Justin Stroud, her husband, acknowledged that it was difficult to witness the disparity between the family members. Justin continued, shedding light on June's struggle with cocaine addiction, which was the root of the family's discord.

He said, "I see the change that she's making every day, but they weren't around to see it, but I understand where they're coming from too. I was an addict myself and people get tired of being told that you're going to do something and yet that it never comes”.