Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Does Katy Perry 'know about Russell Brand': Inside the final dark days of singer's marriage to comedian

2023-09-18 18:53
Katy Perry had noted that their relationship was severely strained by Russell Brand's 'very controlling' attitude
Does Katy Perry 'know about Russell Brand': Inside the final dark days of singer's marriage to comedian

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Katy Perry seemingly hinted that she knew her ex-husband Russell Brand’s ‘real truth’ years before sexual assault allegations against him came to light.

The 48-year-old comedian and actor has now been accused of rape, sexual assault, and emotional abuse by four women, who claim that he assaulted them between 2006 and 2013 while he worked for BBC Radio 2 and Channel 4.

The harrowing assault allegations were disclosed in a joint expose by The Times, Sunday Times, and Channel 4.

Brand’s former wife Perry has remained silent on the issue so far but questions have been raised about what she might have known after her previous Vogue interview has caught renewed attention.

Why did Katy Perry and Russell Brand part ways?

The ‘Fireworks’ singer may had a short-lived marriage with Brand but their romance garnered immense media attention after they were first linked in 2009 when she made a cameo in his film, 'Get Him to the Greek.'

After a whirlwind romance, the former pair announced their engagement in January 2010, just four months after they began dating.

Later that year, Perry and Brand tied the knot at a lavish wedding in India at the Ranthambore Tiger Sanctuary in Rajasthan.

However, their courtship didn’t last long as they parted ways less than 14 months later.

n a 2013 Vogue interview, the singer revealed that Brand ended their marriage on New Year's Eve in 2011 when he sent her a text message, informing her that he had planned to file for divorce.

"He's a very smart man, and I was in love with him when I married him," Perry told the outlet at that time.

"Let's just say I haven't heard from him since he texted me saying he was divorcing me on December 31, 2011,” she continued.

What ‘real truth’ does Katy Perry know about Russell Brand?

Further in the interview, the ‘American Idol’ judge added that she found Brand’s humor “hysterical in some ways”, until “he started making jokes about me and he didn’t know I was in the audience, because I had come to surprise him at one of his shows.”

Perry also noted that their relationship was severely strained by his "very controlling" attitude towards her professional aura, especially when she was on tour.

“At first when I met him, he wanted an equal, and I think a lot of times strong men do want an equal. But then they get that equal and they’re like, ‘I can’t handle the equalness,” the ‘Hot N Cold’ singer described.

“He didn’t like the atmosphere of me being the boss on tour. So that was really hurtful, and it was very controlling, which was upsetting,” Perry said at the time.”

Perry continued by admitting that she initially blamed herself for the split until she “found out the real truth” about the comedian.

“I felt a lot of responsibility for it ending, but then I found out the real truth, which I can’t necessarily disclose because I keep it locked in my safe for a rainy day. I let go and I was like, ‘This isn’t because of me; this is beyond me.’ So I have moved on from that,” she had stated.