Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How did Britney Joy die? Crushed fans pay tribute to ‘relatable and funny’ TikTok star

2023-06-21 20:20
Britney Joy, 35, died along with her mother while going to a Juneteenth celebration
How did Britney Joy die? Crushed fans pay tribute to ‘relatable and funny’ TikTok star

HOUSTON, TEXAS: A horrific car crash took the life of a social media star while she was going to a Juneteenth celebration. Britney Joy, who was a popular name on TikTok with 400,000 followers, died on Monday afternoon, June 19. Joy's mother Sherie Smith, 53, was also traveling with her and died in the accident.

The 35-year-old TikToker’s devastated sister Tiffany Smith Cofield told ABC 13, “There will never be a time when I won't miss my mother and my sister. They were my best friends. They were everything.” The mother-daughter duo was heading toward the Emancipation Park when the tragedy struck.

Cofield said, “It looked like her car and everybody when I was walking up said a mom and daughter died and I knew they had left and knew the only mom and daughter would be my mom and sister.”

How did Britney Joy die?

As per reports, a truck hit the vehicle in which Joy and her mother were traveling. It has also been said that Joy was behind the wheel at the time. However, no one has been charged yet for the accident.

Meanwhile, a GoFundMe has been launched by Cofield to cover the funeral cost. She wrote on the fundraiser, “My mom and sister were tragically taken away from us way too soon in an accident involving a reckless driver in Houston. This was just as my sister, beloved TikToker Britney Joy, began rising up in fame for her 9-5 videos that hit the internet by storm. Everyone related to her stories and those of her characters.”

She continued, “Unfortunately, we were not adequately prepared to have to lay both my sister and mother to rest at the same time. This happened so suddenly and was truly something I could have never imagined. Losing my best friends,” before adding, “Please consider donating anything you can. It all helps.”

‘Devastated to hear about Britney Joy‘s death’

Joy's fans shared their condolences, with one saying, “Britney Joy’s tiktok brought me so much joy and she just seemed like a fun, hilarious person. My heart goes out to her sister 💔.” Another wrote, “My heart is in so much pain over Britney joy man. i hope her sister stays strong through this. <3.” “Literally, just found out that Britney Joy and her mother passed in a car accident, yesterday, on their way to a Juneteenth celebration. This made me sad because her content was so relatable and so funny. Damn. #RIP,” a third shared.

“Bro I’m f****** devastated to hear about Britney Joy‘s death. I watched that woman’s videos religiously, I loved her so much. 😭😭” a comment read. “May Britney Joy’s memory bring what the surname says more than it brings grief 💜,” someone else added.

Tags news