Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Oh my heart!' Pia Miller pays tribute to Tina Turner, says she helped her get through 'a lot of s**t'

2023-05-25 13:55
Pia Miller also posted an image of Tina Turner with her well-known song 'What's Love Got To Do With It' as the background track
'Oh my heart!' Pia Miller pays tribute to Tina Turner, says she helped her get through 'a lot of s**t'

BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA: Pia Miller has paid a moving tribute to Tina Turner following her sudden death at the age of 83. Miller, a model and actress who rose to popularity on 'Home and Away', posted a picture of the rock and roll icon on her Instagram Story with a touching statement.

Miller wrote, "Oh my heart! Tina you saw me through a lot of s**t. A forever fan and admirer. Rest in peace." She also posted an image of the iconic singer with her well-known song 'What's Love Got To Do With It' as the background track. Miller is one of many renowned Australians who have publicly paid their condolences to Turner since the news of her death broke. Radio broadcasters Kyle Sandilands and Jackie 'O' Henderson, as well as Keith Urban and Celeste Barber, expressed dismay at the news that surfaced on Wednesday, May 24.

READ MORE

Tina Turner funeral plans revealed: Private ceremony to be attended by close friends and family

Chris Rhodes: Tina Turner's ex-crew member breaks down on live TV, says singer was 'biggest gift of life'

How did other notable Australian celebrities react to Tina Turner's death?

Urban commended Turner for her contributions to the music industry on stage in 2021 when she was honored by being inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in the United States, according to DailyMail. In a tribute posted to Instagram, Urban wrote, "I just heard about Tina Turner's passing and it hit my heart."

Urban added, "I'm immediately hearing that voice, seeing that energy and I'm feeling that strength, sensuality, determination and passion. That life force. I'm grateful that we have the music and the performances - the source for so much of what you hear and see in countless other artists to this day. A matchless imprint. Thank you for everything you have Tina."

The comedian Barber posted a photo of Turner with the message, "Simply the best," and an emoji of a shattered heart. Sandilands and Henderson discussed the surprising news on their KIIS FM radio show on Thursday, May 25.

'I embrace and accept every day with what it brings'

Turner died at her home in Kusnach, Switzerland, not far from Zurich, after a protracted, unidentified illness. Her representatives revealed the news by saying, "With her the world loses a music legend and role model." The 'Proud Mary' singer spoke about how she hoped the world will remember her and shared that she did not dread dying in conversation with the Guardian.

Turner said, "As the Queen of Rock 'n' Roll. As a woman who showed other women that it is OK to strive for success on their own terms." When asked what scares her about aging, she said, "Nothing. This life's full adventure and I embrace and accept every day with what it brings."