Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Rebecca Loos says David Beckham portrayed 'himself as a victim' in Netflix series

2023-10-24 22:28
Rebecca Loos does not sound happy about her history with David Beckham being revisited.
Rebecca Loos says David Beckham portrayed 'himself as a victim' in Netflix series

Rebecca Loos does not sound happy about her history with David Beckham being revisited.

The Netflix docuseries "Beckham" looks back at the superstar soccer player's life, including a decades-old alleged affair with Loos, who is his former personal assistant.

Loos, who is now a married mother of two in Norway, talked to the Daily Mail about Beckham's reaction to the scandal from almost 20 years ago.

In the docuseries, both he and his wife Victoria Beckham recall the pain they endured during that time as a result of media scrutiny. The sports star, in particular, recalled how hurt his wife felt.

"He can say whatever he likes, of course, and I understand he has an image to preserve, but he is portraying himself as the victim and he's making me look like a liar, like I've made up these stories," Loos told the Daily Mail in the new interview. "He is indirectly suggesting that I'm the one who has made Victoria suffer."

CNN has reached out to a representative for Beckham for comment.

The alleged affair happened after Beckham was traded to play in Madrid and Loos worked for him in Spain. In 2004, she claimed during an interview with Sky News that she and the athlete first hooked up the year prior, after they were photographed leaving a nightclub together.

"I think the chemistry between David and I was so strong, and people were not happy because I was being very unprofessional and he's a married man," she said in the 2004 interview.

Beckham denied the allegations of infidelity at the time.

"The simple truth is that I am very happily married and have a wonderful wife and two very special kids. There is nothing any third party can do to change this," he said, according to the Guardian

Loos, for her part, has long since moved on.

"It's not like England here, it's much less judgmental," she said of living in Norway.

"Here people are cool about it. They don't care," she said. "Most of them [Norwegian friends] say, 'Well, I was with a married man once and I did this...' It's like everyone has done something at some point."

"Beckham" is streaming on Netflix.