Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Donald Trump wants to debate Meghan Markle, Internet wants to book time and place ASAP

2023-09-07 17:50
Donald Trump did not hold back, asserting that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex had been 'disrespectful' to the Queen
Donald Trump wants to debate Meghan Markle, Internet wants to book time and place ASAP

MIAMI, FLORIDA: In a recent interview with radio host Hugh Hewitt on 'The Hugh Hewitt Show', former President Donald Trump made headlines by expressing his eagerness to debate Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, concerning her treatment of Queen Elizabeth II.

During the interview on September 6, Trump did not hold back, asserting that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex had been "disrespectful" to the Queen when they made the decision to step down from their roles as senior working royals in 2020.

He stated, "I didn't like the way she dealt with the queen. I'd love to debate her. I would love it. I disagree so much with what they're doing."

Trump praises Queen Elizabeth II and slams Biden

Trump, who described his relationship with the late Queen Elizabeth II as "very friendly," went on to praise her sharpness and vitality, contrasting it with his perception of President Biden's condition.

“She was an incredible woman. At 95, she was so sharp. She was 100%. When you watch [President] Biden, you say this is a different planet,” he offered.

The former President expressed his concerns about the current administration, stating, "Look, anything's possible, but when I watch — his body is shot, and his mind is worse. He's not running the government."

“He’s not running the government,” Trump continued of his 80-year-old successor. “People that are surrounding him, who are very smart fascists and communists, those are the people running our country.”

Donald Trump and Meghan Markle debate proposal

The discussion about Meghan Markle arose within the context of the upcoming 50th anniversary of the 1973 "Battle of the Sexes," where Billie Jean King defeated Bobby Riggs in a tennis exhibition, a match that remains the most-watched tennis bout in television history.

Hugh Hewitt raised the intriguing prospect of a debate between Trump and Markle potentially surpassing the ratings of that historic tennis match, to which Trump responded with enthusiasm, saying, "Oh, if you want to set it up, let's set it up. Let's go do something."

Social media couldn't agree more, with many expressing excitement about the idea.

"That would be wonderfully entertaining," one wrote on X.

"Please God make this happen," another added.

"Hahaha, I would love to see it. I think it would be awesome," someone else wrote.

"President Trump's socks could debate Meghan and win the debate," another quipped.

It's worth noting that this isn't the first time Donald Trump has taken aim at Meghan Markle.

In a previous interview with Piers Morgan, he criticized her dominance over Prince Harry in their marriage, stating that Harry was "being led around by his nose," and that he wasn't a fan of Meghan from the beginning.

Trump's latest comments come as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex continue to make headlines with their post-royal life, including their tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey and their ventures into entertainment through a Netflix docuseries and Harry's autobiography.

Trump remembers Queen Elizabeth

As we mark the one-year anniversary of Queen Elizabeth's passing on September 8, 2022, Trump reflected on his special connection with the late monarch.

He fondly remembered their conversations during his visit to the UK, describing their chemistry and the sharpness of the Queen's mind as something truly remarkable.

“We had a good chemistry,” Trump told former UK politician Nigel Farage in May.

“And then as you remember that evening there was a big celebration and I sat next to the Queen, and we just talked all night long. She was incredible. She was incredible to speak to and so sharp. Her mind was so sharp and just to be with her was something very special.”