Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Amy Schumer was slammed for 'bullying' Nicole Kidman, so she dragged Ashton Kutcher into it

2023-09-12 04:19
Amy Schumer dragged Ashton Kutcher into the controversy after he send support letters to Danny Masterson who was convicted of rape
Amy Schumer was slammed for 'bullying' Nicole Kidman, so she dragged Ashton Kutcher into it

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Amy Schumer is embroiled in a controversy after poking fun at Nicole Kidman during the US Open tennis tournament and later dragged Ashton Kutcher into it while she apologized.

On Monday, September 11, the 42-year-old comedian shared a now-deleted picture of the 56-year-old Australian actress staring wide-eyed into the camera at the tournament on Instagram and captioned, "This how humans sit."

Amy Schumer apologized for 'cyberbullying' Nicole Kidman

Schumer shared an image of Kidman during the women's singles final between Coco Gauff and Aryna Sabalenka as the actress was spotted in a pink dress, according to Daily Mail.

Though a few appreciated Schumer's joke on Kidman, many others slammed the actress for making fun of the actress.

"She's so desperate for her first funny joke," wrote a Twitter user while another wrote, "I'm doing research on cyberbullies and women who find is necessary to degrade and demean other women, and since you have experience is degrading women, I'd like to start with you."

After she was slammed online, Schumer took to Instagram to apologize for making fun of Kidman.

"I want to apologize to all the people I hurt posting a photo of Nicole Kidman and alluding to her being an alien," Schumer wrote.

Concluding the statement with the hashtag 'taking time to heal', she further wrote, "I will be asking the cast of that 70s show to write letters advocating for my forgiveness," as she referred to Danny Masterson's sentencing following rape conviction and his 'That 70s Show' co-star Ashton Kutcher writing him support letters.

Internet slammed Amy Schumer dragging Ashton Kutcher into her apology post

Schumer, who apologized for her alluding to Kidman being an alien, was again slammed for dragging Kutcher amid her own backlash.

Masterson was sentenced to 30 years in prison on Thursday, September 7, for the rape of two women two decades ago and Schumer mocked Kutcher and Mila Kunis' support letters for the actor who was convicted.

However, Schumer appeared to have got herself into trouble again as many social media users did not encourage her bringing in a controversy to mask her "bullying" Kidman.

Expressing their disappointment at Schumer's comment on Kutcher and Kunis, a Twitter user wrote, "Because she's not a good comedian so she relys on controversy."

"Not Amy using any chance to crawl to the light," a user tweeted while another wrote, "Sometimes She should read the room first and then talk."

Tags news epcelebs