Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How tall is Brooke Shields? 'The Blue Lagoon' actress is obsessed with high heels

2023-09-19 19:23
Brooke Shields once revealed that she opts to wear high heels to maximize her height
How tall is Brooke Shields? 'The Blue Lagoon' actress is obsessed with high heels

Real NameBrooke Christa Shields
Date of BirthMay 31, 1965
Age58 years (as of 2023)
Place of BirthManhattan, New York
Height5ft 10 ½ (179.1 cm)
Weight70 kg (154 lbs)
NationalityAmerican
Net worth$40 million
SpouseChris Henchy
Eye colorcrystal blue

MANHATTAN, NEW YORK CITY: A prominent American actress renowned for her roles in films like 'The Blue Lagoon', 'Endless Love', 'Sahara', and 'Alice', Brooke Shields’ height is 5ft 10 ½ in (179.1 cm), according to Celebrity Heights.

She reportedly said in an interview in 1983, "As I got older and taller, the stockings got bigger, but this year, I don't know...I'm 5-feet-11."

In 2010, Brooke divulged that she opts to wear high heels to maximize her height, despite the fact that she is already quite tall, NewsHub reported.

Is Brooke Shields a shoe model?

At 58 years of age, the actress, standing at a striking 5 ft 11 in in height even without footwear, holds a strong fascination for "exquisite" shoes, even though she isn’t specifically a shoe model.

She intentionally selects shoe styles that offer the most additional height to enhance her stature, and as a result, she often dons high heels.

According to NewsHub, she told Entertainment Tonight, "Shoes, I cannot get enough of them. I really can't. And the higher the better, even though I'm six feet tall."

"I don't care how tall I am, or the concussion I probably will get when I walk through the door. I think they're great and there are so many beautiful styles and I'm finally getting to enjoy them,” she added.

How tall was Brooke Shields at 14?

According to IMDb, Brooke Shields' height was evident even at a young age, as she measured 5 feet 10 inches when she was just 14 years old.

This was during the filming of her controversial 1980 movie ‘The Blue Lagoon’.

At the age of 15, while approaching her 16th birthday, she appeared in ‘Endless Love’ (1981), which made her an iconic figure in the entertainment industry.

Are Brooke Shields' daughters taller than her?

Brooke Shields and her youngest daughter, Grier Henchy, have almost the same height.

During their festive appearance at the premiere of ‘Spirited’ in New York City in November 2022, the mother-daughter duo dazzled in holiday-themed attire.

Notably, Shields' daughter stood approximately an inch taller than her, showcasing their close height resemblance.

What happened to Brooke Shields at 15?

Brooke Shields recently made an appearance on ‘The Kelly Clarkson Show’, as reported by Page Six, and discussed her experience with invasive questioning about her body, particularly when she was just 15 years old.

She expressed her strong disapproval of the way Barbara Walters had treated her, describing it as "truly unconscionable."

During the 1981 interview, Barbara Walters told the 'Pretty Baby' star, "I think when people see you, they don’t realize how tall and slim you are. Let me stand up with you because I’m 5-5 and I’m wearing high heels."

She then engaged in light-hearted banter with Brooke Shields' mother, Teri Shields, who was present, joking, "It’s very hard when you have a little kid this high to keep her down to size, isn’t it?"

Brooke responded with a chuckle, mentioning that her father was also quite tall, standing at 6 ft 7 in.

Tags news epcelebs