Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Fox News host Greg Gutfeld reveals his monologues are controlled by network writers, says he finds them 'hacky'

2023-10-26 17:51
Greg Gutfeld appeared on Mike Rowe's podcast 'The Way I Heard It' and confessed that he didn't always like what was handed to him
Fox News host Greg Gutfeld reveals his monologues are controlled by network writers, says he finds them 'hacky'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Fox News host Greg Gutfeld has revealed that he no longer has the access to write his own monologues for his late-night show 'Gutfeld!'.

Gutfeld appeared on Mike Rowe's podcast 'The Way I Heard It' and confessed that he didn't always like what was handed to him by the writers.

Greg Gutfeld on not being able to write

As he went through his daily schedule, Gutfeld pointed out that he no longer has to write his monologues.

"And then I'll write, you know, pick stories between 9 and 9.30. I used to write all my monologues. I can't do that anymore. So now, I let that slide," he said.

"Wait, wait, how hard was that to let go?" Rowe asked.

"It's still hard," the host said. "No, it's not as good as you. That's in your brain and it's funny because they're trying to do you and you need them."

Gutfeld also added, "But you are so unforgiving because you're going like, 'Ah, no, that's too on the nose. I don't need another Biden joke.'"

"I would never say that," Rowe said as he related with Gutfeld.

The Fox host continued, "Because I make poop jokes like everything is a poop joke, everything is a 'View' joke. But it's like, I can't blame them because if I had done 'The View' joke, I'd be going, 'Oh, this is really good'. But then the writer joke does it and 'Ah, my god, that's so hacky. I'm going to change that to Nancy Pelosi 'cause that's more original.'"

Greg Gutfeld confesses Fox alumnus was featured in his book

The late-night host also went on to reveal that his book 'The King of Late Night' had one more host featured amongst others: a Fox alumnus.

"There was one person on there I had to take off, but I don't think I can say who it is," Gutfeld said. "But if you are watching CNN Plus, you might be able to guess who it is. But I had to take it off."

"Did anyone watch CNN Plus?" Rowe joked as the Fox host then laughed and said, "Fox alumni!"

Tags news