Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Dream come true': Internet shares Sabrina Carpenter's happiness in opening for Taylor Swift on Eras Tour

2023-11-16 20:24
Sabrina Carpenter's debut performance on the tour was in Mexico City, where she sang Taylor Swift's 'Picture to Burn'
'Dream come true': Internet shares Sabrina Carpenter's happiness in opening for Taylor Swift on Eras Tour

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Singer and actress Sabrina Carpenter has shared her joy at the opportunity to open for Taylor Swift on the international leg of her Eras Tour in an exclusive interview with digital fashion publication Who What Wear.

Swift announced the international leg of her record-breaking Ears Tour in June. The 'Anti-Hero' singer revealed that Carpenter would open all the shows in Mexico, Argentina, and Brazil. She will also accompany the pop star to seven Australia and six Singapore shows.

Carpenter's debut performance on the tour was in Mexico City, where she sang Swift's 'Picture to Burn.'

Sabrina Carpenter was ecstatic when Taylor Swift chose her

Being selected for the Eras Tour was a dream come true moment for the 24-year-old singer.

"I'm not gonna say I peed my pants because that sounds really graphic and maybe not sanitary, but I think it really just caught me off guard," Carpenter said to the portal.

"It was very much a childhood dream come true. I still probably have not processed it if I'm being completely honest with you," she added.

Carpenter also recalled her first meeting with the 'Cruel Summer' singer. She was 17 when she met Swift backstage at a show.

She also shared about Swift's impact on her life, "To work with someone [who] cares about you as a person as well as an artist … that's been the biggest gift for sure."

Talking of her experience performing at the Eras Tour, she said she felt very "lucky" to perform in front of a huge crowd.

"I go into it with a little bit more excitement, being playful and just really singing and interacting with the crowd as much as I possibly can," she said. "There's so many of them—I can't see them all."

Swift has concluded the tour in Argentina. Her next stop is Brazil, where she will perform in Rio De Janeiro and Sao Paulo.

Netizens react to Sabrina Carpenter's thrilling experience

Social media users are happy for Carpenter's incredible opportunity and asked her to dream big.

One user wrote, "Aww, girl! Living the dream isn't it? Remember, fangirling is completely allowed. Don't stop dreaming big!"

Another user said, "Oh, wow! She must be so thrilled. I mean, who wouldn't want to open for Taylor Swift? That's a dream come true indeed!"

"Queen supporting queen," stated a third user.

"The sabrina era is beginning ! She has everything to be a super star ! @SabrinaAnnLynn," said a fourth user.

"That's amazing," noted one user.

Another one said, "Yeah she's doing great."

"Two queens," wrote another user.

Tags news