Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Rihanna's fans troll Drake amid rumors about singer dissing her in album 'For All The Dogs'

2023-10-07 14:57
Drake also seems to have taken a jibe at Rihanna's partner A$AP Rocky in his new album
Rihanna's fans troll Drake amid rumors about singer dissing her in album 'For All The Dogs'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Drake's latest album release, 'For All the Dogs', has sparked a fresh wave of controversy and speculation, with fans of Rihanna taking aim at the rapper for what they perceive as subtle digs at the Barbadian superstar.

The former couple's romantic history dates back to 2009, and they had an on-and-off relationship for several years. However, the pair officially parted ways, with Rihanna stating in a 2018 Vogue interview that they "don’t have a friendship now, but we’re not enemies either."

Despite the passage of time, it seems that Drake may not have fully moved on, as fans scrutinize the lyrics of his new songs for potential references to Rihanna and her current partner and baby daddy A$AP Rocky.

Did Drake diss Rihanna in his latest album?

One of the tracks drawing significant attention is 'Fear of Heights', where Drake repeatedly utters the word "Anti," the title of Rihanna's 2016 album that reached No 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.

In the same song, Drake appears to lament how people “make it sound like [he’s] still hung up on” his ex, before seemingly taking a swipe at A$AP Rocky with the line, "That man, he still with you, he can't leave you/ Y'all go on vacation, I bet it's Antilles."

Interestingly, Rihanna's home country, Barbados, is situated in the Lesser Antilles region of the Caribbean. The intrigue doesn't end there, as on the track 'Virginia Beach', Drake raps, "Drawin' conclusions like you got a Parsons degree or somethin'/ I coulda treated you better, that's crazy."

It's worth noting that Rihanna has been awarded an honorary degree from the Parsons School of Design. Furthermore, in 'Another Late Night', Drake takes what seems to be another jab at A$AP Rocky with the line, "I ain't Pretty Flacko," a nod to Rocky's nickname Flacko, followed by the line, “B***h this s**t get really Rocky.”

Internet amused by Drake's possible digs at Rihanna in 'For All The Dogs'

In response to these perceived disses, which began making rounds on Twitter, fans of Rihanna and A$AP Rocky have expressed their frustration and disappointment with Drake's lyrics.

A user tweeted, "Rihanna is now a happily married mother of TWO and drake is still throwing subs at her…"

Another questioned, "So Drake saying ANTI a thousand times and I’m NOT supposed to think of Rihanna??" A third person added, "He’s so bitter like it’s been years…"

"“Drake dissed Rihanna” my baby she is somewhere changing diapers for the 20th time this morning… that lady does not gaf lmfao," read a tweet.

A fifth user also wrote, "Rihanna during all of this," with a gif of Rihanna supposedly putting on makeup in a car while someone bangs on the glass from the outside.

"Drake dissed Rihanna and Asap Rocky and that only means one thing, it still hurts him enough to disgrace himself to the public after 6 years. I didn't think I'd ever say this but, Drake, you flopped," read another tweet.

A seventh person asserted, "Drake dissing rihanna on the album is crazyyyy he’s so salty i’m weaaaaaak." Another chimed, "Drake is dissing Rihanna but went on Lebron’s show saying he wanted a family with her."

One user simply wrote, "Well, I just put this throwback here," and added a clip from 2016 where Drake presented his then-girlfriend with the Michael Jackson Vanguard award following a heartfelt speech for her.

Tags news