Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Your bright light will linger forever': Abigail Breslin pens heartfelt tribute to late 'My Sister's Keeper' co-star Evan Ellingson

2023-11-07 18:57
Alongside the moving tribute, Abigail Breslin requested people not to spread rumors surrounding Evan Ellingson's death out of respect for his family
'Your bright light will linger forever': Abigail Breslin pens heartfelt tribute to late 'My Sister's Keeper' co-star Evan Ellingson

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Abigail Breslin took to Instagram to pay tribute to her 'My Sister's Keeper' co-star, Evan Ellingson, following his death on Sunday, November 5.

The actress shared a photograph of herself, Ellingson, and their co-star Sofia Vassilieva from the set of the 2009 film, along with a heartfelt message, remembering the "wonderful and sweet" actor.

Ellingson was discovered dead in a bedroom at his Fontana, California, residence and his cause of death is yet to be determined, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.

However, the actor's father reportedly told TMZ that he struggled with addiction and died in a sober-living home.

What roles did Abigail Breslin and Evan Ellingson play in 'My Sister's Keeper'?

Abigail Breslin and Evan Ellingson played siblings Anna and Jesse Fitzgerald on 'My Sister's Keeper', while Sofia Vassilieva was cast in the role of their sister, Kate, who was diagnosed with acute promyelocytic leukemia.

Anna was conceived with the intention of saving Kate's life, but after various medical procedures and hospital stays, she refused to cooperate when she turned 11.

Throughout the rest of the film, Anna works with Jesse and an attorney she hired, played by Alec Baldwin, to sue their parents Sara and Brian Fitzgerald (Cameron Diaz and Jason Patric) for her medical emancipation.

Abigail Breslin's tribute to Evan Ellingson

Remembering Evan Ellingson, Abigail Breslin wrote, "Evan Ellingson was a kind, funny and extremely talented human being."

She added, "He played my big brother in a film I did called My Sisters Keeper. Evan was a genuinely thoughtful person who cared so much about turning in the best performance, which he accomplished. Some of his scenes in MSK still give me chills."

Reminiscing their time on set, Ellingson recalled, "He was also silly, funny, a prankster, a lover of Red Bull (I hated the smell of Red Bull 😂) and he was energetic and the life of the party."

"I didn’t keep in touch a lot with him after the film, but he always stayed in my mind as a wonderful and sweet soul, one I am grateful to have crossed paths with. My prayers and condolences are with his family at this difficult time," continued the 'Little Miss Sunshine' star.

Breslin concluded, "Evan, I know Heaven will welcome you with open arms. Your time on this earth may have been, devastatingly, short. Your humor, exuberance, kindness and bright light will linger forever. Sending you peace on your journey to the great beyond and who knows… maybe one day, I’ll meet you in Montana."

She further added, "Side note: the details of Evan’s passing have not yet been released. I ask you to kindly not speculate on the details out of respect for his family including his daughter," to request people against spreading rumors about his death.

Fans react to Abigail Breslin's tribute to Evan Ellingson

After Abigail Breslin posted the tribute on her Instagram post, fans came forward with their thoughts and prayers.

One wrote, "Sending you so much love, prayers and comforting thoughts sweet Abbie🥺🥺 so much love to you, I know he’s smiling extra big at your post for him & will continue to watch over you sweetly. Xo💙💙."

"MSK has been my favorite movie since it came out! my condolences go to you and his friends and family💗," stated another.

A fan was so moved that they opened up about her own struggles, sharing, "I'm so so sorry for your loss. The movie MSK has impacted my life so much since my mom battled stage 4 breast cancer (she passed away April 20, 2018)❤️."

One more said, "such a beautiful person and a nice tribute . my sisters keeper was a beautiful movie that I always cry in. Evan was great in it especially in the court scene . my thoughts n prayers to his family and to all his friends n costars❤️🙌."

Tags news